Corsair Community

Firmware update issues

So I have the K70 Rapidfire (NON RGB), but as long as I can remember having this keyboard, I cannot update the firmware via iCUE.

I get a popup on iCUE there is a new firmware available (3,08), but everytime when I press update, the update aborts before even starting, giving me a 'failed update' message and throwing the keyboard off the program in the process.

I have to close down iCUE completely and restart in order to get the the K70 reconized again. And still I get the popup for 3,08 firmware update, since it failed previous attempts.

Things I tried:

- I made sure the K70 Rapidfire was supported by iCUE by looking at THIS topic

- Restarting iCUE

- Restarting PC

- Replugging the keyboard

- Updating iCUE to latest build

- Set the bios switches on the keyboard from 1 to 2, 4, 8 and trying updating

- I also tried updating via device manager

- Tried out a few previous builds from iCUE to see if it's a compatibility issue with newest version

In previous attempts to find an anwser to this issue, IIRC, there were a few post from other members that had the same issue, but I can't seem to find them right now. I also recall having an admin or moderator anwsering said topic they will look into it. Hence the reason I left it as it was as i thought you guys were gonna fix the issue in iCUE builds to come. But meanwhile we are some time passed, loads of new iCUE updates, but non that fixes the bug I'm talking about.

Note: The kyeboard works just fine in the firmware version it is in right now, I can customize as you normally would with a K70 Rapidfire.

Note: I have a Corsair Scimitar mouse and a H110iGTX liqued cooler that works fine with iCUE, and updates do work on them.

Can somebody give me an anwser to this issue?

Kind regards

Kevin

BE

Edited by DubbelDraaiDeur

• 4 weeks later...

Just downloaded the Corsair Utility Engine and it detects my firmware needs updating but sticks at 3%.

Any update on a fix for this? I've tried restarts, different USB ports both 2 and 3...Nothing works for it.

My keyboard is a CORSAIR STRAFE with only Red back lighting if that matters.

I did some more digging and triple checked I have the right version of the CUE, dated 2013..

It appears I have an older keyboard by todays standards. The only info I can see from the catalog is that windows 10 is not listed as a supported OS. I hope that's not the case

Edited by Blkandwhtlion

• 4 months later...

Hi,

After trying to update the firmware I got the corrupted file and every time I try to plug and unplug the keyboard I get the cpr disabled folder come up with the firmware drive in there I tried the hold esc and unplug plug back in nothing helped all USB ports tried can someone give me the file I need please to get my keyboard working I don't want to type with in screen keyboard for the rest of my life. Help please

• 1 month later...
Aeonic, depending on what keyboard you have, you can unplug the keyboard, then plug it back in while holding the up and down arrow keys. Now my issue is that I can't update my firmware after doing that. My keyboard is functional, but its in the state where the num lock, caps lock, and the other light next to those are all blinking. Also, my keyboard double types a ton probably untill I can update my firmware. When I try to update my firmware through iCUE, it gets to 100% then makes the windows disconnect sound, and stays at 100% until I abort the firmware update. I tried this with a bunch of older versions of iCUE and CUE. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this?

• 7 months later...
Aeonic, depending on what keyboard you have, you can unplug the keyboard, then plug it back in while holding the up and down arrow keys. Now my issue is that I can't update my firmware after doing that. My keyboard is functional, but its in the state where the num lock, caps lock, and the other light next to those are all blinking. Also, my keyboard double types a ton probably untill I can update my firmware. When I try to update my firmware through iCUE, it gets to 100% then makes the windows disconnect sound, and stays at 100% until I abort the firmware update. I tried this with a bunch of older versions of iCUE and CUE. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this?

Did you ever fix this issue? I cant update my firmware and the three LEDs just flash white until I try to update firmware, when it gets to100 and stops working