Corsair Community

Hydro XG7 2070 fitment

Statikzx

I have the 2070 FE and would like to add it to my loop using the XG7. I have not ordered the XG7 yet because the pictures have me confused. The power connector on the card is on the side but the pictures show the cutout on the top of the water block. Is it me or was there some other Founders Edition for the 2070?

ACAF03EF-8BEC-4A4C-94B6-A730FC704E67.thumb.jpeg.f09825620a23cbf2f911eeb45eef7520.jpeg

302B0EC5-5B89-4287-A1BA-AA53B9671065.thumb.jpeg.f3fcdf3e9513a31f088f9e0715643836.jpeg

C1E8C416-D3FA-489A-B5C5-34D7481C936A.thumb.jpeg.2721cc70987b229f9b7039cfb785f088.jpeg

Edited by Statikzx
realize one of the pics is a 2060 but same layout

Looks like it could be the wrong stock photos, I don't see the picture you are showing on Corsair's site, though I see it on Newegg and Ebay. Let me ask some people. You should be fine as there would be a pretty big uproar if they put the power connector hole in the wrong spot :)

I spoke to someone at Corsair. The said that the 2070 FE does work with this block, though there is a small side panel attached to the block that has to removed from the block in order to get it to fit. The FE PCIe power header is on an extender cable due to the stock cooler is longer than the PCB. They heavily discourage the purchase of the FE version of the 2070 due to complexity and how hard it is to take apart of it compared to other board partners like EVGA. Other manufactures have the PCIe power soldered directly to the PCB.

https://bjorn3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/rtx_2070_FE21.jpg

It looks like AIBs can solder the header to the top header location. This board is from a 2070 FE.

• Confused 1

I am eternally grateful for your response. :praise:

I have familiarized myself with the tear down of this card and am fairly confident that I can work through the process. I mainly went with this card because of the length, as it’s going in an itx case. Although I had room for bigger it would squeeze out room for other parts.

It would be cool if Corsair offered an extension plate in place of the removable end cap. Either including it or as a separate sku.

Funny enough, I was never a Corsair fan (for no reason at all) and my new system is loaded with Corsair, hugely because of the Hydro X line...and I love it.

Thanks again for your help.

Hey, thank you GregX for that picture. Worth a thousand words indeed.

Will probably go for it anyway because I want to keep with the brand. The free floating plug is begging for an oem support extension. Something that fits the side panel mounting holes and keeps the aesthetic. Maybe a 3d print of some type. Hmmm...

• 1 month later...