Corsair Community

Xbox Series X + Void RGB Elite Wireless

shibbz

Has anyone had any success using this with the XSX?

Online it says that USB Dongle Wireless headsets should work, but I can't get the Xbox Series X to recognize this headset.

Im on the latest firmware for the headset, but no go.

Thanks.

Hi shibbz,

Where did you see that the Void RGB Elite Wireless is supposed to work with the Xbox Series X? That headset does not officially support Xbox. I recommend taking a look at the HS75 XB WIRELESS.

I did not explicitly see that it would be supported from the Corsair side, but it was reported that XSX now supports wireless headsets via USB Dongle, so I did not think it was out of the realm of possibility. Astro also released a firmware update for their existing headset so that it would work with XSX.

Is Corsair official stance that they will NOT be updating firmware on this headset to work with XSX?

Edited by shibbz

• Corsair Employee
I did not explicitly see that it would be supported from the Corsair side, but it was reported that XSX now supports wireless headsets via USB Dongle, so I did not think it was out of the realm of possibility. Astro also released a firmware update for their existing headset so that it would work with XSX.

Is Corsair official stance that they will NOT be updating firmware on this headset to work with XSX?

Agreed, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility. I'm curious - which headsets are you referring to that have been updated? Are these headsets that were already compatible with the Xbox One?

ASTRO is excited to announce that our entire line of gaming headsets are Future Proof featuring full compatibility with Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5*. This includes all current generation headsets and MixAmp products, as well as many previous generations. See below for more details to confirm how compatibility will be achieved.

On xbox one, they used optical audio to circumvent wireless. With the series x they updated firmware to transmit audio through USB.

I must say I'm very disappointed with the responses (and lack thereof) in regards to myself and others having issues with their headsets.

It seems to me that having the capability of firmware updates on these devices should be used to help existing users use their headsets with the new console - instead the consistent message is to "Check out the new HS75 XB Wireless!".

I don't buy new headsets for every platform, and if the message here from Corsair is that you *need* to for their products, I will be looking elsewhere going forward.

Also 4 days later and my support ticket has no feedback.

• Corsair Employee
I must say I'm very disappointed with the responses (and lack thereof) in regards to myself and others having issues with their headsets.

It seems to me that having the capability of firmware updates on these devices should be used to help existing users use their headsets with the new console - instead the consistent message is to "Check out the new HS75 XB Wireless!".

I don't buy new headsets for every platform, and if the message here from Corsair is that you *need* to for their products, I will be looking elsewhere going forward.

Also 4 days later and my support ticket has no feedback.

The compatibility with Xbox extends further from just a simple firmware update - we are required to be officially licensed from Microsoft/Xbox. Our HS75 XB Wireless is the only licensed headset at the moment, though we do have more on the way. If we could push out a simple update for instant compatibility, we'd be more than happy to oblige but this is not the case.

I know I can plug my Corsair Void Pro doggle into my PS4 and it reads it right away. No issues at all. I would think it would be the same on the PS5.

So I guess this Corsair headset will work with the new PlayStation console, just not the Xbox Series X console?

Did the Void Pro work with the Xbox One? and this can be patched to work?

What is this craziness,

Thanks

• Corsair Employee
I know I can plug my Corsair Void Pro doggle into my PS4 and it reads it right away. No issues at all. I would think it would be the same on the PS5.

So I guess this Corsair headset will work with the new PlayStation console, just not the Xbox Series X console?

Did the Void Pro work with the Xbox One? and this can be patched to work?

What is this craziness,

Thanks

Hi M4KER,

The VOID PRO Wireless works without issue with the PlayStation 5, along with the console's 3D Audio feature. At the moment, our only wireless headset that is supported with the Xbox Series X/S is the HS75 XB.

• 3 months later...
I'm sorry corsair but the reason why we want support for xbox with the void series headsets that are wireless is because they are the most comfortable headsets you can use. I tried the hs75 and it is garbage comfort and too tight/hurts the head, makes your angle the head band more forward, pulling down on your head to fit right, the void pro/elite sit perfect and the memory foam makes it feel like your barely wearing a headset.. I'd rather use a wired void pro on xbox than to ever use any new headset.. even tried the razer kaira pro and steath 700 gen 2, all very uncomfortable... please add support or release a void series for xbox/pc use.. and not force purchase of microsoft usb adaptor to pc.. cant update headsets without it.. really now.... I'm a very corsair branded person, k70 rapidfire low profile keyboard... needs wireless variant.. dark core se mouse- excellent, air 740 case, new 3090 waterblock - excellent fit and cooling/design, rm850x psu Edited by Dnsean03

• Corsair Employee
I'm sorry corsair but the reason why we want support for xbox with the void series headsets that are wireless is because they are the most comfortable headsets you can use. I tried the hs75 and it is garbage comfort and too tight/hurts the head, makes your angle the head band more forward, pulling down on your head to fit right, the void pro/elite sit perfect and the memory foam makes it feel like your barely wearing a headset.. I'd rather use a wired void pro on xbox than to ever use any new headset.. even tried the razer kaira pro and steath 700 gen 2, all very uncomfortable... please add support or release a void series for xbox/pc use.. and not force purchase of microsoft usb adaptor to pc.. cant update headsets without it.. really now.... I'm a very corsair branded person, k70 rapidfire low profile keyboard... needs wireless variant.. dark core se mouse- excellent, air 740 case, new 3090 waterblock - excellent fit and cooling/design, rm850x psu

Thank you for your feedback Dnsean03, that's a valid point.

• 1 month later...
Hi M4KER,

The VOID PRO Wireless works without issue with the PlayStation 5, along with the console's 3D Audio feature. At the moment, our only wireless headset that is supported with the Xbox Series X/S is the HS75 XB.

Ah darn, thanks Albert, I appreciate the reply. I had to grab a pair of HyperX Cloud for the XSX. I'd rather have my Void Pro cuz it's just so comfortable for me but these are a close 2nd.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/17/2020 at 10:00 PM, Corsair Albert said:

The compatibility with Xbox extends further from just a simple firmware update - we are required to be officially licensed from Microsoft/Xbox. Our HS75 XB Wireless is the only licensed headset at the moment, though we do have more on the way. If we could push out a simple update for instant compatibility, we'd be more than happy to oblige but this is not the case.

When u are gonna add new headphones or u don t wanna pay for the licens and this is why it takes years to add a fucking headset, I know also that microsoft shouldn t be that drastic whit their licens but they online see mone, hope u will add new headsets especialy void elite this year or next one

• 7 months later...

I’ve bought three Void RGB’s (for 2 PCs and a PS4 Pro) because they are the most comfortable and have the best audio quality.  Now I bought an XBOX Series X and thought, “oh I’ll grab one of these for my XBOX”.  NOPE.  For some dumb reason you (Corsair) didn’t get this platform secured for the Void RGB and instead manufactured an inferior poor product—the HS75 XB.  At nearly twice the cost and half the usefulness and none of the comfort the HS75 is quite poor and frankly an appalling suggestion.  I don’t want to have to buy another brand but if I cannot find a way to use the Void RGB headset on my XBOX Series X I will.  I mean if I can use a PS4 controller with an adapter maybe it’s possible with this headset.  

Added an image showing I’m not a random NPC with no valid purchases.  Corsair, make it happen, the Void RGB is a superior product.  

C98A0379-D73D-44A7-BB6C-121A5E2E16AA.png

Edited by MrTorgue

• Corsair Employee
5 hours ago, MrTorgue said:

I’ve bought three Void RGB’s (for 2 PCs and a PS4 Pro) because they are the most comfortable and have the best audio quality.  Now I bought an XBOX Series X and thought, “oh I’ll grab one of these for my XBOX”.  NOPE.  For some dumb reason you (Corsair) didn’t get this platform secured for the Void RGB and instead manufactured an inferior poor product—the HS75 XB.  At nearly twice the cost and half the usefulness and none of the comfort the HS75 is quite poor and frankly an appalling suggestion.  I don’t want to have to buy another brand but if I cannot find a way to use the Void RGB headset on my XBOX Series X I will.  I mean if I can use a PS4 controller with an adapter maybe it’s possible with this headset.  

Added an image showing I’m not a random NPC with no valid purchases.  Corsair, make it happen, the Void RGB is a superior product.  

C98A0379-D73D-44A7-BB6C-121A5E2E16AA.png

None of our Void headsets are compatible or will work with the Xbox Series X/S. If you wish for a wireless Corsair headset to utilize with your Xbox Series X, then the HS75 XB is going to be the only option.

20 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

None of our Void headsets are compatible or will work with the Xbox Series X/S. If you wish for a wireless Corsair headset to utilize with your Xbox Series X, then the HS75 XB is going to be the only option.

Is this a bot?  I already acknowledged all of this in my post.  Consider this more of a feedback post.

I’ve initiated a return for the HS75 XB I bought and will buy another brand.