The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 10:24 PM
mattcooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979411
mattcooper Reputation: 10
Default Using both ML120 Pro RGB & LL120

Hi Guys, I have a compatibility question.
I am currently using 3x LL120 Fans wired to the HUB then to the Commander Pro Channel 1.

Now I'm wishing to get 3x ML120 RGB for my 150i Rad....

Can the RGB Fan headers be plugged into the same hub as the LL120? will iQue freak out having two different types of fans?

Or

Do I have to wire a second hub to Channel 2 on the Commander pro? which would mean I can't run any light strips....?

Thanks in advance guys

Old 11-07-2018, 11:58 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979414
DevBiker Reputation: 88

iCue only supports one fan type on a single channel. Period. Full stop.

That said ... you can do it. However, keep in mind that iCue will "see" your 3x ML120 fans as a single (well, 3/4) LL fan. And your lighting effects may be a little odd/strange/weird. But they will light up and it will work.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:15 AM
mattcooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979443

Thanks for the reply :-)
Bugger
I wish the commander pro had 3 light channels then haha or if they bring out some better LL120s for Radiators.
Im obsessed with Corsair ATM so I've gotta work out a plan to make this all work.

Thanks again
Matt

Old 11-08-2018, 06:18 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979540
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

Do you already have the H150i in use on the 9900K? What kind of coolant delta do you see for your normal use with the stock ML-Quiet fans (if those are in use)? Obviously the RGB model is exactly the same, but we might be able to make a comparison to LL120x3 on the H150i. Lots of people running that and perhaps you would be happier with 6 x LL and taking a 1C hit.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:18 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979591

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
Thanks for the reply :-)
Bugger
I wish the commander pro had 3 light channels then haha or if they bring out some better LL120s for Radiators.
Im obsessed with Corsair ATM so I've gotta work out a plan to make this all work.

Thanks again
Matt
I'd say ... try it. Depending on your chosen lighting effects, it may be fine. Pong certainly won't work ... sequential will be ... odd. But it may be OK for you. The colors will still work.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:09 AM
mattcooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979740

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Do you already have the H150i in use on the 9900K? What kind of coolant delta do you see for your normal use with the stock ML-Quiet fans (if those are in use)? Obviously the RGB model is exactly the same, but we might be able to make a comparison to LL120x3 on the H150i. Lots of people running that and perhaps you would be happier with 6 x LL and taking a 1C hit.

Hey! Yes I am running the 150i on the 9900k and it sits at around 29c every time I look at the temp on the block while idle....

I would love to use the LL120s.. but ehhh hate reading people saying don't use them on it, #Firstworldproblems

Old 11-10-2018, 11:14 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979770

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcooper View Post
Hey! Yes I am running the 150i on the 9900k and it sits at around 29c every time I look at the temp on the block while idle....

I would love to use the LL120s.. but ehhh hate reading people saying don't use them on it, #Firstworldproblems
They'll work fine. They may not be quite as good as the ML fans that the cooler ships with but the difference would be a couple of C in coolant temp at load, if that. The difference is primarily relevant in reviews and benchmarks, less so in real life usage.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:00 PM
Chronic Upgrader
Hockster2's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979822
Hockster2 Reputation: 10

I've got a mix of ML, LL and RGB strips in my system. The six ML fans are run off the commander pro. The RGB is handled by one channel of the CoPro. The three LL fans are powered by the H150i, RGB by the second channel of the CoPro. The strips run off of one channel of the Lighting Node.

Due to the lack of USB headers on the motherboard I picked up a 4 port USB expander from NZXT.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:38 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 979855

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockster2 View Post
Due to the lack of USB headers on the motherboard I picked up a 4 port USB expander from NZXT.
Yeah, me too. And now that's full; I even have the USB-A ports filled. So I have to go get another one.

#FirstWorldProblems

Old 11-27-2018, 06:13 AM
mattcooper's PC Specs

POST ID # = 982297

Alrighty....
Update! I've added the ML120 RGB to the H150 radiator and ended up using the LL120 on the exhaust areas of the case.

Using the Commander Pro channel 1 for the LL and channel 2 for the ML. A separate lighting node channel 1 is used for the RGB strips.

If only the ique software would allow to choose which fans are connected to each hub lane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181127_094520492_iOS.jpg (3.67 MB, 274 views)