Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 AM
VII Hells's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000191
VII Hells Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
As I was the op of this thread of probably the 1st person to bring this up id just like to say its now been 2 years and Corsair have done nothing about this issue. If they were a UK based company id be taking them to court for goods not to satisfaction quality as they havent provided a solution to the black screening just a workaround which means our CPU temps cannot be read and therefore the fans do not work correctly.
Yep, it's disgusting. They need to at least tell us that they've given up on it. They reckon they cant get a x79 to test on though. Fuggen tech snobs.
>we have some leads on a x79
kek... yall naggers... give me an address and I'll shill out for a brand new board and send it to yall. How about that farghoots?
Old 04-08-2019, 05:03 AM
flippyfloop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000736
flippyfloop Reputation: 10

So glad I found this post. I have a X79 with 4930K & recently installed H100 Pro with icue. Spent the last 3 weeks getting occasional random freezing, crashes, etc...System was fine before. Pulling my hair out wondering what was causing it. Guess I found the answer.
Old 04-08-2019, 06:23 PM
fehrandsquare's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1000806
fehrandsquare Reputation: 10

Just got a Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless and this exact thing just happened. I uninstall icue and the problem goes away.

ASUS Prime X370-Pro AM4
RYZEN 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz
ASUS Radeon RX 580
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB
Old 04-10-2019, 04:37 AM
Djiddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001001
Djiddy Reputation: 10
Default Same problem here - Windows 10 minidump

Same problem here, Windows 10 minidump attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 040819-11562-01.zip (335.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 04-10-2019, 02:04 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001067
WhiskeyOmega Reputation: 10

more people with the problem and yet Corsair completely ignore it. This isnt how you run a company!
Old 04-12-2019, 04:04 PM
Djiddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djiddy View Post
Same problem here, Windows 10 minidump attached.
No more freezes after setting CoPro setting on MSI Motherbord sensor.

Pursuing tests : it seems that freezing occurs when setting thermal sensor of CoPro on I9 Chipset.

I reinstalled MSI Dragon Center. Let's see.

Last edited by Djiddy; 04-13-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:39 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1001275
Greybeard Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyOmega View Post
more people with the problem and yet Corsair completely ignore it. This isnt how you run a company!
Hey Whiskey, I apologize if we haven't chimed in on this thread for quite sometime now. When I was going through a few pages back, you're right, we should have provided you guys some kind of update with regards to the issue that you reported. Now looking at the description of the issue that you're experiencing, I truly believe that this is not only exclusive to X79 platform. I've seen others that are having a very similar issue that you're having.

Out of curiosity, I might have missed it on your previous post, but when you remove iCUE, do you get the same behavior? Is the system stable with out iCUE? I'm just wondering if it's really iCUE that's triggering those crashes, because the first time you reported this issue was about a year ago and during that time, iCUE had so many revisions already to address a good amount of known issues that we found in the field. At this point, I think it wouldn't hurt to look at other factors as well other than iCUE. That being said, it doesn't mean that we take out iCUE out of the equation.

I will get this over to the software team for them to evaluate (or re-evaluate). In the meantime, is it cool if you provide some recent error logs? as I am pretty sure software/validation team will ask the moment I bring this up.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:35 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
Hey Whiskey, I apologize if we haven't chimed in on this thread for quite sometime now. When I was going through a few pages back, you're right, we should have provided you guys some kind of update with regards to the issue that you reported. Now looking at the description of the issue that you're experiencing, I truly believe that this is not only exclusive to X79 platform. I've seen others that are having a very similar issue that you're having.

Out of curiosity, I might have missed it on your previous post, but when you remove iCUE, do you get the same behavior? Is the system stable with out iCUE? I'm just wondering if it's really iCUE that's triggering those crashes, because the first time you reported this issue was about a year ago and during that time, iCUE had so many revisions already to address a good amount of known issues that we found in the field. At this point, I think it wouldn't hurt to look at other factors as well other than iCUE. That being said, it doesn't mean that we take out iCUE out of the equation.

I will get this over to the software team for them to evaluate (or re-evaluate). In the meantime, is it cool if you provide some recent error logs? as I am pretty sure software/validation team will ask the moment I bring this up.
We know exactly what it is at this point. CPUIDSDK.dll and CPUIDSDK64.dll in icue. If they are running with icue it black screens. if You rename them and have icue and corsair service running its fine except you cannot use your cpu as a temperature reading for your fan cooling nor will it read hardward temps and such
Old 04-14-2019, 09:33 AM
flippyfloop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001409
flippyfloop Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippyfloop View Post
So glad I found this post. I have a X79 with 4930K & recently installed H100 Pro with icue. Spent the last 3 weeks getting occasional random freezing, crashes, etc...System was fine before. Pulling my hair out wondering what was causing it. Guess I found the answer.
Since uninstalling icue, my system has been working fine.
Very disappointed with Corsair. The issue I have now is that there is no driver for the H100 Pro. You can only do this with icue. I wish I could return the Cooler but Novatech are not being great as the cooler isn’t physically broken even though the software to run it is!!!
Looks like I’m going to have to eBay the cooler, lose some money from my purchase & buy a different cooler.
This really has made me not want to buy any more Corsair products & not overly pleased with the way Novatech is handling the situation.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 PM
Djiddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001553

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippyfloop View Post
Since uninstalling icue, my system has been working fine.
Very disappointed with Corsair. The issue I have now is that there is no driver for the H100 Pro. You can only do this with icue. I wish I could return the Cooler but Novatech are not being great as the cooler isn’t physically broken even though the software to run it is!!!
Looks like I’m going to have to eBay the cooler, lose some money from my purchase & buy a different cooler.
This really has made me not want to buy any more Corsair products & not overly pleased with the way Novatech is handling the situation.
Hello,

Did you try to set iCue fans thermal sensor on motherboard and not processor?
Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 AM
Hero's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004630
Hero Reputation: 10

So glad I found this thread. Didn’t know what exactly in iCUE that was causing my freezing and crashing. Problem still persists to this day. I’ll try the renaming of the DLL files when I get off from work in a couple of hours.

This actually happens on my z390 board, which is an ASUS Maximus XI HERO. Processor is a 9900k and a STRIX 1080ti.

Sad that this problem still persists to this day.

Last edited by Hero; 05-15-2019 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:18 PM
WhiskeyOmega's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005600

So here we are 2 years later and I still cannot use icue properly . Still no X79 support but im told icue isnt the only control program having this problem as NZXT Cam also no longer supports X79 due to the exact same issue with CPUID. So I get that now. Even though Ive just been lied to now for 2 years. Now I just have an on going issue with icue just causing cpu spikes all the time so I cant even use it without it draning my cpu. Whats even worse is neither of of these issue you acknoledge as a known issue even though I and other people have been screaming at you for 2 years to sort this. Im going to Computex on Sunday and I will make it well known just how bad this software is and just how little you care
Old 05-25-2019, 10:51 PM
Mudruck's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005737
Mudruck Reputation: 10

Just started having this issue when I installed an H115I Pro Platinum RGB into my system. Mind you that I have been running iCUE for a year plus with my keyboard, mouse, and headset without any issues. It ran fine for a day or so as well after I installed the H115i Pro Platinum RGB. Once I started adding in monitors into the dashboard (H115i, CPU & motherboard sensors) is when things went south and I started getting the black screen lock ups and the system freezing to the point that I had to power it off with the PSU. To make it even more scary, after a couple of the crashes, my Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard would try to reboot, and then would fail to even POST and was showing an error with the CPU by hanging on the CPU LED on the motherboard diagnostics test.

This sounds like a known issue with the current and past versions of the iCUE software, which is kind of a major bummer as I was considering swapping out my RAM and entire RGB setup to be corsair as well so that I would be able to control everything from iCUE. Now I am kind of having second thoughts about that and even considering returning the H115i, even though it works amazingly well at cooling my system. ( An unstable system isn't worth much, no matter how cool it runs )

I guess my main question right now is, in the meantime, while I decide if I am going to start the return process and look elsewhere for a solution. If I rename the .dll files that others have mentioned, does the H115i go off the coolant temp to control fan speed or does it go off of the actual tdie temp and will I still be able to control the RGB in my current Corsair products if I rename those .dll files?

Thank you in advance for any answers to my questions.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:40 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005740
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudruck View Post
Just started having this issue when I installed an H115I Pro Platinum RGB into my system. Mind you that I have been running iCUE for a year plus with my keyboard, mouse, and headset without any issues. It ran fine for a day or so as well after I installed the H115i Pro Platinum RGB. Once I started adding in monitors into the dashboard (H115i, CPU & motherboard sensors) is when things went south and I started getting the black screen lock ups and the system freezing to the point that I had to power it off with the PSU. To make it even more scary, after a couple of the crashes, my Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming motherboard would try to reboot, and then would fail to even POST and was showing an error with the CPU by hanging on the CPU LED on the motherboard diagnostics test.

This sounds like a known issue with the current and past versions of the iCUE software, which is kind of a major bummer as I was considering swapping out my RAM and entire RGB setup to be corsair as well so that I would be able to control everything from iCUE. Now I am kind of having second thoughts about that and even considering returning the H115i, even though it works amazingly well at cooling my system. ( An unstable system isn't worth much, no matter how cool it runs )

I guess my main question right now is, in the meantime, while I decide if I am going to start the return process and look elsewhere for a solution. If I rename the .dll files that others have mentioned, does the H115i go off the coolant temp to control fan speed or does it go off of the actual tdie temp and will I still be able to control the RGB in my current Corsair products if I rename those .dll files?

Thank you in advance for any answers to my questions.
First - to be clear, your case is not an example of the issue discussed on this thread. While the symptoms may be similar, if not the same, you are not running an Intel HEDT platform (X79, IIRC).

That said, you can try to rename the CPUID dlls to see if that helps. If you do, iCUE won't be able to monitor any system temps - so you won't have the tdie temperatures, GPU temperatures, HDD temperatures. You WILL have the H115i coolant temperature as that comes through the USB interface. Make sure that you report back if this resolves the black screen issue.

I would also strongly suggest that you make sure that all of your chipset/USB drivers are UP TO DATE as well as your cooler's firmware. There have been issues specifically with the AMD USB (AsMedia) chips and the Platinum coolers but a) most are resolved and b) this wasn't a symptom. Instead, the cooler would disconnect from USB.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-26-2019, 01:01 AM
Mudruck's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005742
Mudruck Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
First - to be clear, your case is not an example of the issue discussed on this thread. While the symptoms may be similar, if not the same, you are not running an Intel HEDT platform (X79, IIRC).

That said, you can try to rename the CPUID dlls to see if that helps. If you do, iCUE won't be able to monitor any system temps - so you won't have the tdie temperatures, GPU temperatures, HDD temperatures. You WILL have the H115i coolant temperature as that comes through the USB interface. Make sure that you report back if this resolves the black screen issue.

I would also strongly suggest that you make sure that all of your chipset/USB drivers are UP TO DATE as well as your cooler's firmware. There have been issues specifically with the AMD USB (AsMedia) chips and the Platinum coolers but a) most are resolved and b) this wasn't a symptom. Instead, the cooler would disconnect from USB.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate the quick response.

Looking through other posts in the forum, it may have been something else that could have been the black-screen lockup issue as well.

I've always run HWinfo to monitor other system temps/data as well.

I use the non-portable version and I have not told HWinfo to not monitor Corsair items. First, I am going to try and uninstall HWinfo and get the portable version and make sure it is not monitoring Corsair information and give that a try before I try and rename the .dll files. From what I have read, the portable version is a bit better about not having things loaded in the background when it is stopped. I imagine that running HWinfo and iCUE could have been causing an issue where HWinfo and iCUE were trying to access the same point at the same time and causing the hardware or some subsystem to go into a fault state.

It would be nice if there was a way to have iCUE display that system/hardware information(temps, fan & pump RPMs, coolant temp...) in a smaller window than the entire iCUE window, or even better, in the notification area with a hover-over icon that would give you the information that you have selected to be monitored in iCUE.

Edited to add: I do have the latest firmware, BIOS, iCUE, and hardware drivers installed.