The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2017, 10:34 AM

POST ID # = 906886
Ljugtomten Reputation: 10
Default AMD Threadripper cooling?

Are there any plans to supply adapters for the upcoming AMD Threadripper (TR4 socket) or are entirely new models required?

Noctua displayed a cooler for the platform during Computex but no information is to be found from Corsair.

I have been using H100 and H110 for a few years, would be nice to be able to buy a H100i V2 or similar in my HAF X when upgrading..

Old 06-12-2017, 02:20 PM

POST ID # = 907707
Pad Reputation: 10

I'm no expert, but from the size of the socket I think new models are needed :)

Also, on those ATX motherboards, space looks cramped, could be a bit of a challenge to fit it all in.

It'll be interested to see if any motherboard manufacturers come up with E-ATX or even XL-ATX boards.

Old 06-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair CJ's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907712
Corsair CJ Reputation: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljugtomten View Post
Are there any plans to supply adapters for the upcoming AMD Threadripper (TR4 socket) or are entirely new models required?

Noctua displayed a cooler for the platform during Computex but no information is to be found from Corsair.

I have been using H100 and H110 for a few years, would be nice to be able to buy a H100i V2 or similar in my HAF X when upgrading..
We do plan to support TR4, though how we go about it is still to be decided. Thanks for bringing it up and I hope to have some news in the future regarding support for Threadripper and the humongous TR4 socket!

Old 06-20-2017, 05:23 PM
chuck4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908860
chuck4 Reputation: 10

Please let us know when you have any information as I would love to purchase a H100, H110, or H115 water cooling for my current system as well as the upgraded one once TR is released but would prefer not to purchase one now if it can't be used with the new system. If it can be used with both systems, my current AM3+ system as well as the new TR system, then I can purchase the water cooling cooler now instead of in several months.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:05 AM

POST ID # = 909767
Hagal2 Reputation: 10

News about the Ripper Corsair AiO cooling? Your competitor Arctic has just added in this time now! on his website the TR4 section!

The Sock of the Ripper is brutal big, so kits for pre products are not possible, or?
This prototype 360 AiO from your (Computex 2017), become a bigger pump/block for the Threadripper, exact?

Greetz

Last edited by Hagal2; 06-28-2017 at 11:11 AM.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM
chuck4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912137
Thumbs up AMD Threadripper processors will come with liquid coolers according to sources

AMD Threadripper processors will come with liquid coolers according to sources.
You can view the entire article at https://www.neowin.net/news/amd-thre...ing-to-sources.

Hopefully Corsair are providing these liquid coolers.

Last edited by chuck4; 07-17-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Added Corsair addendum.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:48 AM

POST ID # = 912573
Hagal2 Reputation: 10

Arctic shows Threadripper Aios

Link: Allround-PC Magazin

Hey Corsair we wont to see now from you something ;)

Hope Corsair brings bigger Pumpheads, i dount buy this smal like from Arctic!? The Ripperspreader is mutch bigger, so i hope Corsair not goes Arctics cheap way, only Kit no new Waterblocks!!

greetz

Old 07-25-2017, 08:14 PM

POST ID # = 913373
isidord Reputation: 10

I have a H110i GT (Cool It). I hear that an Asetek bracket is supplied with threadripper. Will this work with the Cool IT version of H110i GT?

Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 AM
chuck4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 913433
Default Asetek bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by isidord View Post
I have a H110i GT (Cool It). I hear that an Asetek bracket is supplied with threadripper. Will this work with the Cool IT version of H110i GT?
I am not sure what to believe any longer. Hopefully, they either include the bracket or my preference (and I believe a lot of others ) would be to include a complete AIO but apparently the ThreadRipper packaging, recently displayed on numerous websites, does not have enough room for an AIO cooler. I hope the bracket does fit one of the Corsair AIO coolers. That would be great.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:40 PM

POST ID # = 914114
Ljugtomten Reputation: 10

Howdy

Any official news from Corsair yet?
AMD presented the Threadripper CPU almost a day ago and many other vendors have started to add support for it.

I'm mostly interested in a H100i V2 as it will fiy my Coolermaster HAF X without modification (and my old H100 does not have Corsair Link).
I want to use a cooler from Corsair, as I am planning to use a PSU with support for Corsair Link aswell.

Old 08-02-2017, 07:54 PM
chuck4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914368
Default List of ThreadRipper Liquid Cooling

Here is a link to the list of thermal solutions for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors (including the Corsair coolers): https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper. Hopefully, the pumps on these units cover the entire CPU IHS. Otherwise, I assume, the proper amount of cooling will not be available.

I'm still going to wait a short time for Corsair management and technical staff to make a decision on this (which they probably already did but haven't released to the public). Hopefully they will provide some news before August 10th; the ThreadRipper release date.

Have a great day.

Old 08-03-2017, 02:55 AM
dewbak75's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914391
dewbak75 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck4 View Post
Here is a link to the list of thermal solutions for AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors (including the Corsair coolers): https://www.amd.com/en/thermal-solutions-threadripper. Hopefully, the pumps on these units cover the entire CPU IHS. Otherwise, I assume, the proper amount of cooling will not be available.

I'm still going to wait a short time for Corsair management and technical staff to make a decision on this (which they probably already did but haven't released to the public). Hopefully they will provide some news before August 10th; the ThreadRipper release date.

Have a great day.
Nice to see the H105 on that list, I assume this means that either AMD or Corsair will be offering the necessary mounting hardware? I assume it's not compatible with the existing AMD brackets included with the kit, or else this wouldn't be an issue.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:05 PM
chuck4's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914458
Default AMD Threadripper cooling

Quote:
Nice to see the H105 on that list, I assume this means that either AMD or Corsair will be offering the necessary mounting hardware? I assume it's not compatible with the existing AMD brackets included with the kit, or else this wouldn't be an issue.
08-02-2017 07:54 PM
Yes, an Asetek mounting kit will come packaged with the AMD ThreadRipper cpu. I still haven't decided which cooler I will use. I may be waiting until after the release date to make my decision and watch more YouTube video reviews. At least, I may know which AIOs work and which ones have issues.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:06 PM
nanotm's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914459
nanotm Reputation: 10

threadripper chips comes with an asertek (spelling?) bracket in the box for aio units.

so compatibility will come down to which version of aio cooler you have,

personally I wont be getting threadripper until there at least a year old and the tech has matured somewhat and there's more options making them cheaper :P (which is pretty much how I feel about ryzen in general)

Old 08-03-2017, 04:29 PM

POST ID # = 914473
HydrasunGQ Reputation: 10

So since I have a H100i GTX I guess I'm out of luck.