The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 126 votes, 4.99 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2015, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 769513
magicmanh Reputation: 10
Question

Firstly thank you for all your work, I bought my k95 as soon as it was available and this is exactly what I hoped someone could create (I'm really new to computers with no programming history).

That being said, do you have any suggestions on what I am missing to make the program work? I've downloaded the VB cable, set both input and output to default with output checked "listen to this device", and my playback set to my headphones (my usual way of listening to music). My Keyboard Audio program runs without any error codes (as in posts 22/30/34) but the lights on my keyboard seem just to do spastic rainbow. Could you please tell me what I'm doing incorrectly? Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: png Please Help!.png (728.7 KB, 507 views)

Last edited by magicmanh; 03-30-2015 at 02:06 PM.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:05 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769514
Elestriel Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanh View Post
Elestriel,

Firstly thank you for all your work, I bought my k95 as soon as it was available and this is exactly what I hoped someone could create (I'm really new to computers with no programming history).

That being said, do you have any suggestions on what I am missing to make the program work? I've downloaded the VB cable, set both input and output to default with output checked "listen to this device", and my playback set to my headphones (my usual way of listening to music). My Keyboard Audio program runs without any error codes (as in posts 22/30/34) but the lights on my keyboard seem just to do spastic rainbow. Could you please tell me what I'm doing incorrectly? Thank you!
If I understand correctly, you're still sending the music to your headphones, instead of to the virtual audio cable? Make sure to restart whatever program you're using to listen to music, and restart the keyboard visualiser after you make any changes to your audio devices. Also make sure that the music you're listening to is being sent to the virtual audio cable, and not directly to your headphones.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:11 PM

POST ID # = 769515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestriel View Post
If I understand correctly, you're still sending the music to your headphones, instead of to the virtual audio cable? Make sure to restart whatever program you're using to listen to music, and restart the keyboard visualiser after you make any changes to your audio devices. Also make sure that the music you're listening to is being sent to the virtual audio cable, and not directly to your headphones.
WOW!
You responded so quickly I didn't update my post quickly enough! haha
I edited my post to include a screenshot of the program working without any error codes, and my audio settings as well. (My default playback device is CABLE input as well). I've restarted my music player (pandora/firefox) and I've also restarted the visualizer but unfortunately it's still not working :(
*Laptop restart as well, still to no avail*

Last edited by magicmanh; 03-30-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:28 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769516

Can you show me your default output device? It's in the Playback tab.

Here's what mine looks like, for example. As you can see, I have the sound going to VBAudio. I'm listening to the VBAudio CABLE Output through my Optical line. You can see that I've turned the listen volume of that line waaay down (while it's at max in Winamp). What this does is send the music REALLY loud to my loopback device, which the keyboard will pick up, but I don't hear it through my speakers too loudly.
Attached Images
File Type: png AudioSettings.png (73.5 KB, 655 views)

Old 03-30-2015, 02:41 PM

POST ID # = 769518

Ah! I see the issue. My music itself wasn't loud enough through the audio cable. I will upload a picture of my settings still so any future users with the same issues can see I matched your settings :)
THANK YOU!
(really good work, I subscribed to your youtube channel and your name will go into my next videos and streams!)

Another thing I didn't do correctly was turning off my existing program (I had the same side scrolling rainbow in the oppostie direction) so the effects layered on each other and made a seizure-inducing effect.

edit: As a temporary adjustment, if i was able to match the side scrolling megarainbow (to the right) with the same one used in your application, would that effectively brighten the non-white keys?
Attached Images
File Type: png FIXED!.png (602.5 KB, 538 views)

Last edited by magicmanh; 03-30-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Old 03-30-2015, 02:56 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769524

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanh View Post
edit: As a temporary adjustment, if i was able to match the side scrolling megarainbow (to the right) with the same one used in your application, would that effectively brighten the non-white keys?
That would actually cause your computer to supernova, killing everyone on Earth!

But really, just check out the newer version of the app that you can find in my original post. I updated it this morning! It's got an interface with options that allow you to pick the bar colour, and the brightness of the rainbow.

Just note that selecting your keyboard model/layout won't actually do anything yet.

Old 03-30-2015, 04:18 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769550

I have added support for the K70 and for multiple layouts. See the first post for details!

As of now, only North America will work, since it's the only layout I've identified so far. I'll be working on the rest soon.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:15 PM
stevvie's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769605
stevvie Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackxcap View Post
OK I have a pretty serious problem. I ran the executable included in the second link and my keyboard just stopped functioning, the led's turned off and the keyboard is no longer working. I restarted my computer and the keyboards led's turned on for a little bit but would not allow me to type anything. Then all the led's turned off again and the keyboard is not working at all, Please help.
~I had this too and thought OH NO. restarted PC still no lights on keyboard. I then unplugged both cables( use both even though it's plugged into 2Xusb3 ports keyboard is out of spec with USB power drawer) and it all worked OK , PHEWW

Old 03-30-2015, 10:37 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769609
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
I have added support for the K70 and for multiple layouts. See the first post for details!

As of now, only North America will work, since it's the only layout I've identified so far. I'll be working on the rest soon.
Have you thought about implementing other lighting "modes" down the line, rather than the default rainbow background with single color bars?

I made this modification a while back to the original C# port of the spectrograph program that changes the bar color to a rainbow from left to right with a black background.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KeyboardAudio.zip (937.4 KB, 308 views)

Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 PM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769614

I absolutely have! I've been focusing on basic functionality first, though. Setting up layouts, XML reading, stability, speed, stuff like that. Next up is making a second audio capture method that doesn't rely on a loopback.

Options for prettiness will come soon!

Old 03-31-2015, 09:54 AM

POST ID # = 769642
xsidex Reputation: 10

Hey, great looking profile btw, really enjoyed the looks of it.

Is there anyway I can mod it to get it to work on my K65?

I have the american Layout so on that part it should be easy, but I'm not really sure how it will react having much less keys.

Great work once again

Old 03-31-2015, 11:35 AM
The Matriarch
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 769660

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsidex View Post
Hey, great looking profile btw, really enjoyed the looks of it.

Is there anyway I can mod it to get it to work on my K65?

I have the american Layout so on that part it should be easy, but I'm not really sure how it will react having much less keys.

Great work once again
I'd need you to do me a favour for that. I don't know what the hardware ID is for the K65, so if you could find it for me I could set up the program to use it.

You'll have to open up your Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, and double click on one of the "HID-compliant vendor-defined devices". Once you're in there, go to the Details tab, and under Property, select "Device instance path". The first bit will be "HID\VID_1B1C", followed by "&PID_1Bxx". It's that 'xx' that I really need to know. Also keep an eye out for what comes after, you're looking for "&MI_03", NOT "&MI_02".

I'll then have to lay out a new map for it, but that shouldn't be *too* hard with some reference images that I have.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:53 AM

POST ID # = 769667
ninus3d Reputation: 10

Awesome to see you still working on this Elestriel :)

Old 03-31-2015, 12:12 PM

POST ID # = 769675
xsidex Reputation: 10

Quote:
I'd need you to do me a favour for that. I don't know what the hardware ID is for the K65, so if you could find it for me I could set up the program to use it.

You'll have to open up your Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, and double click on one of the "HID-compliant vendor-defined devices". Once you're in there, go to the Details tab, and under Property, select "Device instance path". The first bit will be "HID\VID_1B1C", followed by "&PID_1Bxx". It's that 'xx' that I really need to know. Also keep an eye out for what comes after, you're looking for "&MI_03", NOT "&MI_02".

I'll then have to lay out a new map for it, but that shouldn't be *too* hard with some reference images that I have.
Well there you go!
Thanks for the quick response Btw really appreciated.
(here is the full line from the device manager, just in case you need any more info)
HID\VID_1B1C&PID_1B17&MI_01&COL02\7&3B704863&0&0001

Old 03-31-2015, 01:11 PM

POST ID # = 769691
GraysonnG Reputation: 10

I would love to see a source code posted or at least a project file. If you could do that, that would be great!

Tags
k70 vu meter, k95 rgb, music, spectrograph, visualizer