Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Isthar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004884
Isthar Reputation: 10

I have received response to the ticket.

Quote:
Response By Email (Nick P) (05/17/2019 11:05 AM)
Hi Isthar

We are aware of this issue and would recommend rolling back to the previous version of iCUE which you can find a link to it below. Make sure that you first uninstall the current version before installing 3.14.

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/C...00_release.msi
Hope next update fixes it!
Old 05-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Isthar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005279

Bad news. Now they say it has been removed on purpose.

Quote:
So after reaching out for some more information the way iCUE is interacting with the Dark Core is intended. They have found by letting the mouse have individually addressed zones that it would cause latency and performance issues while wireless so they have made it so the mouse only has one controllable zone.
I totally disagree with this solution. I haven’t had any problem with response or latency so far. I would prefer having the choice to enable it although I had to use the wire or I needed to increase the latency. I really don’t mind having that 1ms response; I can’t notice any difference setting it to any other values for the games I play.

Let each user decide if they prefer better latency or more functionallity like RGB zones or lighting link (which also was removed versions ago because of the same reason). Some users like me would prefer that functionallity rather than better response. In fact, until now, more than a year of use with different effects for each RGB zone, and 1ms response wireless, I haven’t had any issue.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:22 PM

POST ID # = 1005607
Honu Reputation: 10

Yeah this is ridiculous. The capability to control individual zones on the mouse is obviously there -- I should be the one to determine whether or not the down side to such granular control is worth the risk to me -- not Corsair.

The removal of some very simple functionality that was appealing to me (including lighting link) is really pushing me back in the direction of Logitech. Either that or I'll drop RGB altogether. Inconsistency and lack of support for RGB functionality shows that it's still treated like a gimmick by the industry. A standard for RGB would be nice!
Old 06-06-2019, 10:09 AM
Isthar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007133

The ability to control 3 individual RGB zones is announced in the box of the mouse, therefore is something I paid for. You can not simply remove that, as it is one of the features of the mouse and I would want my money back if that is misleading advertising. I really hope you fix this and restore that functionallity so it works as it was expected and sold.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1007181
Corsair Calico Jack Reputation: 10

Hi guys,

My understanding is that this is as intended. The ability create layers previously was a bug that was affecting the performance of the mouse.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Isthar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Calico Jack View Post
Hi guys,

My understanding is that this is as intended. The ability create layers previously was a bug that was affecting the performance of the mouse.
It's very sad. I did't notice any problem with the performance of the mouse, it worked just perfect. And I had more customization available for my mouse.

Why don't let us decide whether to use it or not? Who are here reporting this didn't notice any performance problem and really miss to configure each RGB zone separately :(
Old 06-12-2019, 07:18 PM

POST ID # = 1007812
Necroblooms Reputation: 10

I thought I would follow up on the issue on the reddit.com/r/corsair subreddit. Their technical support was stickied at the top, so I thought I would ask there. CorsairJordan was helpful in giving this response:

Quote:
Hi! The Dark Core's lighting effects was updated with the latest versions of iCue. This was the initial intent of Dark Core. This gives it the best performance and battery life from our testing. Our team is still looking into this to see if we can still have performance and battery life with the previous lighting effect.
I personally find this to be a lie by omission. Either the RGB zones were intended to be programmable independent elements like all of their products or their focus was to create a mouse with excellent battery life. However, the product was released with the expectation that all zones would be programmable and it had the battery life intended. All of their marketing shows:

Quote:
Customizable backlighting immerses you in the game by providing nearly unlimited lighting adjustability.
That means that their product is now limited in lighting adjustability, which certainly seems like false advertising. Every review I have seen with this product identified it as having independently adjustable RGB zones, and for them to update these features away does not seem like a satisfactory decision for the user. A proper solution would have been to allow users to disable dynamic RGB lighting effects in favor of static lighting or no lighting when using power saving modes on the software.

=End of rant

TL;DR: Corsair broke the functionality on the update, won't admit fault, and is supposedly working on a solution.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:28 PM
Celebane's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1012369
Celebane Reputation: 10

This was a major deciding factor when I bought this mouse. Very disappointed.