Corsair Community

CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 with Ryzen on Gigabyte AX370-Gaming 5

Cinho

Hi,

I wanted to ask about settings & timings that work because I had no luck with Gigabyte support and forum.

I have 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 (v. 5.39 Hynix, 15-17-17-35) on AX370-Gaming 5 and Ryzen 1700X no OC.

I am having trouble for last 6 months trying and waiting for BIOS updates (currently on latest F9a), but no luck with my RAM.

It was the only RAM at 3000MHz & 16GB available at the time and I paid it a lot. I can make it work with manual timing, voltages and other settings, but get all kind of BSODs (ntoskernel for example)

mostly when idle on desktop or when you think that you finally got it right.

Memtest is OK, when stress test - pass. Reinstalled Windows 10 and using latest drivers.

I am wondering if anyone was able to find right settings with this combo, this exact RAM to make it run stable at 2933MHz?

I tried with all kind of settings: XMP, from loose timings (from CAS 15-22 to tRC up to 75), raising SoC & DRAM voltages (up to 1.39V, showing 1.42V), 1T, 2T, ProcODT 60-80 Ohms, DRAM termination 0.805V...

I think I can run it stable at 2666MHz & lower, wait for AGESA 1.0.0.7 & new bios (one after another with no improvement) or sell it and lose money. I am really pissed with Gigabyte support on their forum. I know it is also AMD's fault but they stated 'Everybody should be hitting 2933' few months ago on their forum.

This is my second Gigabyte board after AB350-Gaming 3, same problem.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

It seems we are in the same ship. I can't go above 2666 MHz with two sticks(2x16GB) from this memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16GB DDR4 3000 MHz CMK16GX4M1B3000C15 ver. 5.39(Hynix), Dual Rank, Part Number: H5AN8G8NAFR-TFC, A-die.

A lot of people had a trouble with this RAM model to run it at 2800/2933/3000 MHz.

I tried so many different settings(timings, voltages) and this model(MK16GX4M1B3000C15) refuses to run at specified specs. It seems to be cursed by all the gods and can't work above 2666 MHz on AM4 X370/X470 series motherboards. Nobody takes blame - nor AMD, nor Corsair, nor motherboards manufacturers. They just not put this RAM in QVL and that is, sad story. Wasted money. Shame.

Here is my reply in another forum about this situation.

One of many who has a bad experience with this RAM - read here.

Corsair, do something about it, collaborate with AMD->Motherboard Manufacturers-> and talented people like 1usmus, Reous, to make this dual ranked memory RUN trouble-free at specified frequencies and latency's.

Edited by Rango