Corsair Community

Is it safe to run the Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Arctic White at 1.5v?

walropodes

Hi!

I wish to use two white heatspreader Corsair Vengeance Low Profile RAM sticks and two black heat spreader sticks in the computer I'm going to build. They seem to have nearly identical specs so I should be able to use them together, but they run at different voltages. I think I'd need to run them at the same voltage to be able to use them in an overclocking setup.

What I'm wondering is: would it be harmful to the "Corsair Vengeance Low-Profile Arctic White" RAM if I ran it at 1.5v?

They seem to have nearly identical specs so I should be able to use them together, but they run at different voltages. I think I'd need to run them at the same voltage to be able to use them in an overclocking setup.

While they are similar in spec they are made from different IC'c. Chances of you getting the two kits to run together at rated speed is slim. To add to this Corsair does not suggest or support mixing memory like that. One kit per MB.

It wont hurt the modules to run them at 1.5v as they could potentially handle more than that. But the fact that they are both different voltages to begin with does not give you a real good chance at mixing the two kits.

Archived