The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2018, 09:46 AM

POST ID # = 955264
cheeseter Reputation: 10

I wrote a small batch file that restarts the service that stops the flickering.
Here is the source.
Old 05-19-2018, 11:58 AM
optibit's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955272
optibit Reputation: 10

Thank you for the file

I tried it but i get always the message that service could not be stopped.
Do you know why?
thx Torsten
Old 05-20-2018, 09:40 PM

POST ID # = 955501
dc1203 Reputation: 10

I was having the same problem with the flickering. For whatever reason, it seems the flickering doesn't happen after startup. Now, when I set whatever lighting profile I want, it revert back to the Rainbow Wave after about 30 seconds. Nothing seems to fix this.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:48 PM

POST ID # = 955583
cheeseter Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by optibit View Post
Thank you for the file

I tried it but i get always the message that service could not be stopped.
Do you know why?
thx Torsten
Hmm, that's interesting. When you navigate to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, is the Corsair service named any differently?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:06 PM

POST ID # = 955850
dc1203 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Just out of curiousity, is anyone having this issue using any adapters (molex to SATA, for example)?
I'm using this adapter here and since I've added it, in addition to the flickering, my changes to the fans only last about 30 seconds then reset to the default RGB rainbow wave.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:56 PM
subwaymealdeal's PC Specs

POST ID # = 955870
subwaymealdeal Reputation: 10
Default You're not alone.

Happens to me as well. The only way fixing it temporarily is to stop iCUE from task manager or reset the PC.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:06 PM
Gerder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956337
Gerder Reputation: 10
Default Possible cause and workaround

I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.
Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.
Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.
Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.
Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.
Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.

Last edited by Gerder; 05-28-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:35 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956397
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1203 View Post
I'm using this adapter here and since I've added it, in addition to the flickering, my changes to the fans only last about 30 seconds then reset to the default RGB rainbow wave.
Static colors on the NoPro is an issue with the current release of iCue. It's been explained in multiple posts ... to work around the issue, use Color Shift and have the colors just barely off ... for example, for all red, all the time, shift between 255,0,0 and 254,0,0.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:09 PM
skala1988's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956421
skala1988 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerder View Post
I might have found a possible reason this problem is occuring to some.

I happen to have an Asus Maximus X code motherboard which has a LED code display which displays codes to determine possible issues with hardware.
Normally when a system is done booting the code should be 'A0' This code means that the boot sequence test was completed and the OS was given control.
Most of the time however, the display would show me a Code '40'. This means the PC awoke from a S4 sleep state. In short this is a mode which allows Windows to boot faster after a complete shutdown by saving system info and then starting from there the next time you boot your PC.
Occasionally though my motherboard WOULD properly display the 'A0' code and when it did my Corsair RGB settings would load as normal. Something it didn't do when the final code was '40'.

I think 'Icue' causes problems when waking a PC out of a sleep mode. Be it a deep sleep S4 or an ordinary sleep mode.
Luckely the S4 feature can be disabled in Windows 10. The guy in this Youtube video will explain it. I tried it and it works perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGNV18Mbvrk

There is a downside to this though. Windows 10 might boot a little slower than your used to. I personally don't think this is a big problem and I don't really notice it much either.
Also this doesn't seem to be a solution when waking from normal sleep mode. This is still a problem to me.

Hope this helps some people. It beats quiting the service in taskmanager on every startup.

EDIT: If disabling S4 in Windows settings doesn't work for you, S4 can usually be disabled in your BIOS settings as well. It can usually be found in your boot settings.
I agree.
I figured it a while ago but didnt have an account here. The flickering in my case looked like it was switching between default led effect (when there is no app running) and the effects i chose in corsair icue. After pc restart it was always fine.

I tried to close windows by using shift + click (hard shut down) for a few days and the problem didnt occurr even once. Didn`t know there is a feature like in the video you mentioned. It saved me the trouble.

Would be nice if corsair worked on that so we wouldnt need to turn windows features off tho.

Thanks.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:55 PM
rmilyard's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956462
rmilyard Reputation: 10

I have 8 LL fans of commander pro and 4 led strips on lighting pro. The fans do this something on reboot.
Old 05-30-2018, 02:59 PM

POST ID # = 956702
FreeZate Reputation: 10

Please corsair finally fix this rainbow flickering!!!
My high end pc looks like a rainbow on extasy.
So much money for the fans and corsair commander pro and you get this...
Very disappointed, that it isn´t fixed till today!
Maybe a youtube demonstration will help? So much users have the same problem, so get into it and fix it!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:24 PM
skala1988's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956890
skala1988 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skala1988 View Post
I agree.
I figured it a while ago but didnt have an account here. The flickering in my case looked like it was switching between default led effect (when there is no app running) and the effects i chose in corsair icue. After pc restart it was always fine.

I tried to close windows by using shift + click (hard shut down) for a few days and the problem didnt occurr even once. Didn`t know there is a feature like in the video you mentioned. It saved me the trouble.

Would be nice if corsair worked on that so we wouldnt need to turn windows features off tho.

Thanks.
Need to correct myself.
Sadly the flickering still occurs. Less frequently but still...
Old 06-01-2018, 05:34 AM

POST ID # = 956954
NkySpike65 Reputation: 10

I'm having the same issues with all 6 of my LL fans also.
So I removed ICUE 3.2.87 and reinstalled CORSAIR LINK 4.9.7.35 with CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.24.50 and everything works great, No flickering for 2 weeks now.
Old 06-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Rees's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957154
Rees Reputation: 10

Same issue here, got 6 LL120s linked to a lighting node pro. On startup they flicker between my iCue profile and the rainbow setting they default to, when i restart my computer they seem to work normally. When you give them a static colour command on iCue they follow instructions for about 30s then just change back to the rainbow effect. Only way I've found around this is to use the 'colour shift' lighting effect and set both the colours to almost identical apart from one number.. Slightly annoying
Old 06-03-2018, 09:08 PM
James1966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 957269
James1966 Reputation: 10

Cool I am not alone as my LL Fans will flicker like mad as I would get this issue coming out of sleep mode. The only way to for me to solve this is do a fresh restart or just don't let the computer go into sleep mode. What I am thinking in sleep mode the USB2 ports turn off so fans LED's go back to default rainbow colour. Then on restart out of sleep mode the conflict happens with iCUE sending the LL fans into Flickr Mode... Is there anyone else LL fans do this on sleep mode as well... I did a fresh install of Windows just to make sure it wasn't Mystic Light conflict from MSI as I did not install it this time..

Tags
bug, fans, flicker, ll120