Corsair Community

Commander Mini and H80i V2 connections?

johnverv

Hi guys

Needed to get a new cooler for a vm host so decided to move my H80 from my games rig to my VM's and slap in an H80i V2 in my games system.

That went pretty well and have Corsair Link picking up readings.

I then decided to pick up a Commander Mini with the GPU power kit and some LED strips, so I could move the system fans onto the Commander...

So my question really is, do I now move the H80i which is connected via USB2 onboard connector and directly link it to the Commander Mini? Is there even a connector for this, from what I remember when installing the H80i, there was only a USB connector, I don't recall seeing any digital link port for the Mini...

Otherwise I am using up two onboard USB2 headers just for Corsair Link, which is pretty wasteful

• You can't connect an Asetek H80iV2 via a CL Mini at all and have to use USB
  • You could and should connect a CoolIT H80i via a CL Mini.
  • The CoolIT H80 can only be connected via a CL Mini (or old Commander) and is not supported by CL4. I guess you could connect a H80 via a USB connected H80i or H100i, but have never tried this.
  • The GPU power kit no longer exists and is not supported by CL4.
  • You may wish to get a LNP to control your LEDs rather than the old LED strips.
  • Both the H80iV2 and CL Mini can share the same USB2 header, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=759585

Archived