The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2016, 09:31 AM
zevi13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872480
zevi13 Reputation: 10
Big Grin Help in creating a strafe rgb profile

Hey! as you can see i am very proud to own many corsair products and im bery satisfied that corsair is powering my pc.I want to have a strafe rgb with base color of #00c6ff and white wasd,arrow keys and sails logo.I want the white keys to turn to that cyan when i type,and the cyan keys to turn white when im typing.and i want the sails logo changing color based on the base color of the key im pressing,thanks in advance and sorry if this is wrong forum im new!

Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 PM

POST ID # = 872570
uncle poop Reputation: 10

I am loving my Strafe RGB. I just started learning how to use CUE2. What you are asking for seems pretty easy. I can help as best as I can but it may take me some time, like a couple of days, I have a more than full time job.

Can you be a little more specific in your idea? Like with the colour changing from white to cyan or cyan to white. Is it just on those specific keys? So the white keys will turn cyan when pressed and the cyan keys turn white when pressed? And the logo turns white or cyan depending on the key pressed?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:03 PM

POST ID # = 872578

Here is a CUE 2 attempt I just quickly made up. Hope it is what you wanted. If it is wrong let me know I can see if I can fix it. I went by what you asked for in the OP but it meant not being able to change the colours of the Corsair logo when keys other than wasd are pressed.
Attached Files
File Type: cueprofile zevi13.cueprofile (284.0 KB, 182 views)

Old 09-23-2016, 08:55 AM
zevi13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872654
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle poop View Post
I am loving my Strafe RGB. I just started learning how to use CUE2. What you are asking for seems pretty easy. I can help as best as I can but it may take me some time, like a couple of days, I have a more than full time job.

Can you be a little more specific in your idea? Like with the colour changing from white to cyan or cyan to white. Is it just on those specific keys? So the white keys will turn cyan when pressed and the cyan keys turn white when pressed? And the logo turns white or cyan depending on the key pressed?
the colour change is from white to that cyan code i wrote only on wasd and arrows,and cyan i wrote on rest of the keys that changes to white.and the logo changing depending on the key pressed is correct.im trying the thing you posted.thanks! ill edit when im done
EDIT: Amazing! Thanks! if you can make the sails logo turn cyan and increase the duration of the light just a tiny bit it will be better.

Last edited by zevi13; 09-23-2016 at 09:38 AM.

Old 09-23-2016, 10:27 AM

POST ID # = 872680

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevi13 View Post
the colour change is from white to that cyan code i wrote only on wasd and arrows,and cyan i wrote on rest of the keys that changes to white.and the logo changing depending on the key pressed is correct.im trying the thing you posted.thanks! ill edit when im done
EDIT: Amazing! Thanks! if you can make the sails logo turn cyan and increase the duration of the light just a tiny bit it will be better.
Not sure if I will get to it today as I have a lot to do. Probably get to it tomorrow and I will see what I can do. Glad you like it.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:16 PM

POST ID # = 872739

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevi13 View Post
Ok so I have a little time and I jumped into the profile I made. The issue is I do not have enough understanding of the CUE2 program to know if what you want is possible. Right now I have the WASD keys and the Corsair logo connected when it comes to the colour changing. So if I were to change the timing for how long the cyan stay on for, both the WASD keys and the logo would change.

If you want the Corsair logo to change with every key press, I would need to turn it off or give the logo it's own static colour lets say pink (just to get the point across) then just add the logo to the colour change of the keys so that way the logo lights up white when pressing the cyan keys and cyan when pressing the white keys.

There may be a way to make this opposite, it has to do with how you stack your effects. I just have not tried it yet. Let me know what you want to do and I will try my best to make it happen. Maybe one of the many other better people can chime in and point us in the right direction, or make one up better than what I did.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:58 AM
zevi13's PC Specs

POST ID # = 872824

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle poop View Post
Ok so I have a little time and I jumped into the profile I made. The issue is I do not have enough understanding of the CUE2 program to know if what you want is possible. Right now I have the WASD keys and the Corsair logo connected when it comes to the colour changing. So if I were to change the timing for how long the cyan stay on for, both the WASD keys and the logo would change.

If you want the Corsair logo to change with every key press, I would need to turn it off or give the logo it's own static colour lets say pink (just to get the point across) then just add the logo to the colour change of the keys so that way the logo lights up white when pressing the cyan keys and cyan when pressing the white keys.

There may be a way to make this opposite, it has to do with how you stack your effects. I just have not tried it yet. Let me know what you want to do and I will try my best to make it happen. Maybe one of the many other better people can chime in and point us in the right direction, or make one up better than what I did.
The duration is fine,Its ok.i noticed the N key is staying cyan when i press it.But it doesnt matter.Just need to wait if someone can do the logo change.otherwise,im satisfied.thank you!

Tags
rgb, strafe cherry mx brown