Corsair Community

What do you think about the MM800 RGB POLARIS Gaming Mouse Pad?

brainless

I've wanted a RGB mousepad from Corsair for a while now, but I have mixed feelings about this one. I'm not a fan of the design of the top. I'd prefer a more minimalist look with less clutter at the top. Also, I don't know if this is possible, but if this could be made with a hybrid surface like the SteelSeries Dex/Razer Megasoma that would make me really happy. I'm not a fan of hard plastic surfaces. One reason being the noise they make.

I'm not a fan of hard plastic surfaces. One reason being the noise they make.
I was using a Razer ExactMat a long time. Indeed it's not plastic, it's aluminium, but it never made any noise. I don't know if plastic surfaces are differend.

Maybe Corsair will also make a soft surface version of the MM800 RGB Polaris. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I bought this mouse pad and I have three big problems with it. #1 It is very inconsistent when it comes to the device being recognized by Windows and CUE. I have to unplug it and restart the software every time I restart my computer, otherwise the lighting doesn't work. Sometimes I even have to switch USB ports. #2 the USB hub is a huge design flaw, my mouse cord gets caught on it 100% of the time if I cross the middle. Luckily the third issue counteracts this problem because... #3 this thing is massive, way too big, I only use about 1/3 of the area for my mose. The rest just takes up desk space, which wouldn't be such a problem except that the right edge of the mat is so far away from me that I can't see the lighting.

I bought this mouse pad and I have three big problems with it. #1 It is very inconsistent when it comes to the device being recognized by Windows and CUE. I have to unplug it and restart the software every time I restart my computer, otherwise the lighting doesn't work. Sometimes I even have to switch USB ports. #2 the USB hub is a huge design flaw, my mouse cord gets caught on it 100% of the time if I cross the middle. Luckily the third issue counteracts this problem because... #3 this thing is massive, way too big, I only use about 1/3 of the area for my mose. The rest just takes up desk space, which wouldn't be such a problem except that the right edge of the mat is so far away from me that I can't see the lighting.

1. that usually caused by faulty USB drivers. Check for chipset, and bios updates. Also if you use ASmedia USB ports make sure you download their driver.

2. Yea This was brought up a lot. Hopefully the next version it will include a cord holder.

3. Well.... idk what to tell you. There are way bigger mouse mats.

1. that usually caused by faulty USB drivers. Check for chipset, and bios updates. Also if you use ASmedis USB ports make sure you download their driver.

2. Yea This was brought up a lot. Hopefully the next version ill have a cord holder.

3. Well.... idk what to tell you. There are way bigger mouse mats.

The new CUE (2.6.70) actually looks like it might have fixed the USB issue.

I feel like offsetting the USB hub on the mouse pad so that it is either all the way on the left, or all the way on the right would be an appropriate solution.

The size of the pad is definitely a personal preference, I would like to see Corsair offer a range of sizes if they do a version 2 of the Polaris.

• 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee

This is all fair feedback.

For the connection issues, we know of an issue related to USB 3. Default Microsoft Drivers don't work well so you'll have to use manufacturer drivers if its third party (Asmedia, NEC, etc.). This isn't a fault of the device but rather the protocol itself when using default OS drivers.

As for the surface and hub, these are fair points. We are limited by design on where we placed the hub because of the PCB for lighting + the USB port has to be combined.

Finally, as for the induction, this is a great feature but the mouse pad wouldn't be $59.99 anymore at that point. It'd be closer to $100.

This is all fair feedback.

For the connection issues, we know of an issue related to USB 3. Default Microsoft Drivers don't work well so you'll have to use manufacturer drivers if its third party (Asmedia, NEC, etc.). This isn't a fault of the device but rather the protocol itself when using default OS drivers.

As for the surface and hub, these are fair points. We are limited by design on where we placed the hub because of the PCB for lighting + the USB port has to be combined.

Finally, as for the induction, this is a great feature but the mouse pad wouldn't be $59.99 anymore at that point. It'd be closer to $100.

maybe bump that up to 150 and get a XL one. Could power my RGB keyboard too.

• 2 weeks later...
I got one and I would not recommend it. It can't save static profiles. So if you're on your lock screen, it will just do a spinning rainbow demo.
Yes, that would annoy me too. I would like to see a RGB mouse pad with onboard memory and no USB hub at the top center, where the mouse cable gets catched/bumped.

#copy&paste

My wife bought me one, plus an M65 RGB Pro for Christmas and I think that it's great, I was worried abou CUE, but it's worked fine (so far), the only slight annoyance is having to have CUE running all the time, otherwise the lights on the mat go off and the mouse goes back to default. If the cable starts catching , I have a Roccat Puri mouse bungee, to help with that.

Archived