The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2015, 01:04 PM
OC & HW Enthusiast
Medieval Nerd's PC Specs

POST ID # = 787601
Medieval Nerd Reputation: 22

When you experience the performance slow down while holding on a key, can you see if you are getting above normal CPU or GPU activity?

If you could look at how busy your cores are and compare 'at rest' and 'while holding down the key'. I'm curious of whether there is a difference in CPU activity.

Did you try using different polling rates, or perhaps even a different UBS port?

@James, is it still possible to tweak the polling rate of the KB? I can see the setting it he device menu, but it seems it's greyed out. Is it triggered by the switch in the back of the KB?

Last edited by Medieval Nerd; 07-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 788269
Jo0Lz Reputation: 10

Well, taskmanager doesn't show any increase in CPU usage when holding the lock keys.
Also tried changing the polling rate with the switch on the back of the keyboard, doesn't change the behaviour.

Did try other USB ports, doesn't seem to do anything. It's now connected to a USB 3.0 port, tried both plugs on 2.0, but it doesn't change.

Old 07-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 789248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
We've come a long way with the software but I understand it's still not perfect. The beast that is software is that depending on the system setup, it may have effects that we can't replicate or fix if its not consistent. We've been able to resolve the ones we can track.

Given that though, I will report this to our validations team to test and see if we can mimic.
Any progress? Did you guys manage to replicate the problem?
The issue is getting a little tedious, I now connect my K95 Non-RGB to play games

Old 07-17-2015, 04:53 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 789887

With Windows 10 coming out in a few weeks, I was doing some testing with drivers and BIOS versions of my motherboard. While I had the issue with my desktop and Win 10/Win 8.1, the issues didn't occur on a laptop I managed to test on, also with Windows 10.

Next week I will be doing a clean install pending the final release of Windows 10; I'll check and verify that the issue persists with a clean Windows installation on the Desktop.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Jo0Lz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 790733

Okay, so I just upgraded my BIOS and reinstalled Windows 8.1.
Updated all drivers, and it seems that the input lag has been reduced. It's not gone completely yet, which is odd, but I can't replicate the exact issue I had before.

Pending the final release of Windows 10, I'll leave this desktop as is, and install the updates to see if it doesn't break again.

Tags
caps lock, counter strike, global offensive, k70 rgb, lag