The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x > CUE 1.x and 2.x RGB Profiles and Profile Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2014, 09:48 PM
itzzoscar's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742529
itzzoscar Reputation: 10

Nice profile! using it atm to play league

Old 11-18-2014, 11:21 PM

POST ID # = 742534
GingieBread Reputation: 10
Exclamation

After using it in game and trying to type with it I noticed that the Q W E R keys don't actually work. The lighting affect (white flash) works but when the key is pressed, nothing is typed and the skills don't work. All the other buttons work (like D F and B) but on both of the k70 profiles, the QWER keys don't work. Any reason for why this is happening?(I also tested it with other profiles and there are no issues, so it's not just my keyboard)

Old 11-18-2014, 11:24 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742535
ScarredMecha Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingieBread View Post
After using it in game and trying to type with it I noticed that the Q W E R keys don't actually work. The lighting affect (white flash) works but when the key is pressed, nothing is typed and the skills don't work. All the other buttons work (like D F and B) but on both of the k70 profiles, the QWER keys don't work. Any reason for why this is happening?(I also tested it with other profiles and there are no issues, so it's not just my keyboard)
qwer doesn't work only?

I'll see if I can find out what the problem is.

EDIT: Are you able to type outside of game (Notepad, etc.) Does this happen with a particular mode? Can you check and see if your QWE and R keys have an action assigned to them?

Last edited by ScarredMecha; 11-18-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:53 PM

POST ID # = 742540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reapexx View Post
qwer doesn't work only?

I'll see if I can find out what the problem is.

EDIT: Does this happen with a particular mode? Can you check and see if your QWE and R keys have an action assigned to them?
It happens with all of the modes and in both profiles. All of them have the "LoL QWER" action assigned to them. When I click on the "Edit action" it shows this:
EDIT: If I have the profile on, in any mode, I cannot type QWER in any program. I tried notepad, chrome, CUE, and the League client.

Last edited by GingieBread; 11-18-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:56 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742541

Quote:
It happens with all of the modes and in both profiles. All of them have the "LoL QWER" action assigned to them. When I click on the "Edit action" it shows this:
Somehow, the keystrokes for QWE and R must have been removed.

Try reimporting the correct profile and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then you'll have to edit the actions for those keys and insert the corresponding key in the "Select or enter keystrokes" textbox.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:22 AM

POST ID # = 742543

Quote:
Somehow, the keystrokes for QWE and R must have been removed.

Try reimporting the correct profile and see if that fixes the problem. If not, then you'll have to edit the actions for those keys and insert the corresponding key in the "Select or enter keystrokes" textbox.
I just attempted to put in the key for that keystroke field but it won't let me. Since it selects the profile you are editing I can't type using those keys. I also tried pasting the key and it lets me but once I click okay to save it, it doesn't type still, and when I open it again the letter I pasted in is gone.

Old 11-19-2014, 12:34 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742544

Quote:
I just attempted to put in the key for that keystroke field but it won't let me. Since it selects the profile you are editing I can't type using those keys. I also tried pasting the key and it lets me but once I click okay to save it, it doesn't type still, and when I open it again the letter I pasted in is gone.
Try switching to a different profile that lets you type, then go to the Actions tab and edit the actions from there.

Old 11-19-2014, 03:07 AM

POST ID # = 742563

Quote:
Try switching to a different profile that lets you type, then go to the Actions tab and edit the actions from there.
I think some of the actions and lighting affects got messed up since i installed and deleted the profile so many times. I just removed all of the actions from the profiles and re installed it. Works fine now! Thanks for the help.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:13 AM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 742584

Quote:
I think some of the actions and lighting affects got messed up since i installed and deleted the profile so many times. I just removed all of the actions from the profiles and re installed it. Works fine now! Thanks for the help.
No problem, glad you got it working

Old 11-21-2014, 09:26 PM
ZhunCn's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743017
ZhunCn Reputation: 10

When I use my skills, I can't hold the key for showing the indicator before activating. The skills immediately activates, where before, it activates when I let go of the key. I have quickcast on, but with indicators on as well. Is there a way to change it?

Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 743025

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhunCn View Post
When I use my skills, I can't hold the key for showing the indicator before activating. The skills immediately activates, where before, it activates when I let go of the key. I have quickcast on, but with indicators on as well. Is there a way to change it?
Yeah I noticed this problem with Viktor's E. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to preserve both the lighting effect and Quickcast Range Indicator functionality at the moment due to the limitations of the software.

When QWE and R are pressed, they send an action that sends a single keystroke and the lighting effect. You can revert the QWE and R keys to normal under the Assignments tab, but this will disable the lighting assigned to those keys being pressed.

Old 12-02-2014, 09:43 AM

POST ID # = 744656
lnuy Reputation: 10

I have the K70 grb and I am having the same problem as GingieBread but i tried to do what he did, i deleted all the profiles that I have and only have yours but the qwer does not work even after I reasign them. Please help me this profile is very good just that the qwer and df does not work for me in game and in any other program all it does it light up the color but it does not write the letter.

Thanks

Old 12-02-2014, 02:22 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 744731

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnuy View Post
I have the K70 grb and I am having the same problem as GingieBread but i tried to do what he did, i deleted all the profiles that I have and only have yours but the qwer does not work even after I reasign them. Please help me this profile is very good just that the qwer and df does not work for me in game and in any other program all it does it light up the color but it does not write the letter.

Thanks
Are you trying to use the Flash on D or Flash on F profile? Also, are you using the latest version of the CUE software?

Try deleting the following actions:
  • LoL Q Spell
  • LoL W Spell
  • LoL E Spell
  • LoL R Spell

Then reimporting the profile.

Last edited by ScarredMecha; 12-02-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:00 AM

POST ID # = 744871
lnuy Reputation: 10

I am using the Flash on D profile , I did what you told me to do but it only worked for one game after i finish a game the keys do not work anot i have to do what you told me to do again before it work again

Old 12-03-2014, 06:39 PM
ScarredMecha's PC Specs

POST ID # = 744953

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnuy View Post
I am using the Flash on D profile , I did what you told me to do but it only worked for one game after i finish a game the keys do not work anot i have to do what you told me to do again before it work again
Hmm it would seem that CUE is deleting the keystroke from the actions for some reason. I haven't experienced the problem but it is definitely apparent that it's a problem that is recurring since someone else had the exact same problem.

Are you using the latest version of CUE from here?

Tags
k70, league, league of legends, lol, rgb