Old 08-24-2018, 07:34 AM
William1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 969993
William1 Reputation: 11
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingCrows View Post
Is there a resolution to this?

Like OP, I have AX760i connected to H80i. I did an upgrade (from 4.2 to 4.9) and it no longer shows. H80i shows fine.

I can't believe Corsair folks blocked red-ray instead of paying him for troubleshooting their crap. The guy spent so much time helping people for free. Use sense and employ him.
The solution I came up with was to use the dongle. I subsequently have added a Commander Pro and had to use the dongle with that as well.
I have not yet experimented with iCue but at some point, will have to as CorsairLink seems to be at the end of its' life cycle.

Yeah... SIV works well. The organization of functions leaves a lot to be desired though. It does not follow industry standard and accepted functional organization. But it is free, works well, so it is hard to complain. Ray is a good guy as well and when you have one person doing something like this, you cannot expect perfection. SIV is a good product.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM

POST ID # = 970046
CountingCrows Reputation: 10

Yeah, that dongle was not working or stg like that and I no longer have it.

I was not talking about SIV actually. Every issue I had, I saw red-ray helping and answering. It is silly to ban a person like this. People are here, because of problems with your crappy products that they paid for. And that guy is trying to help. If you don't want to hear him belittling your crappy products, fix them.

Jesus, this question was asked 2 years ago and I am using latest version of Link and it is still not fixed. Same issue with Windows 8, windows 10 and whatnot. Never thought I'd need to constantly upkeep a freeking PSU and CPU cooler. I spent more time on these than I spent on the OS itself over the years.

FYI: That freaking PSU took out my mobo probably as I am having random power issues.

Last edited by CountingCrows; 08-24-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:32 PM
William1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970051
William1 Reputation: 11
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingCrows View Post
Yeah, that dongle was not working or stg like that and I no longer have it.

I was not talking about SIV actually. Every issue I had, I saw red-ray helping and answering. It is silly to ban a person like this. People are here, because of problems with your crappy products that they paid for. And that guy is trying to help. If you don't want to hear him belittling your crappy products, fix them.

Jesus, this question was asked 2 years ago and I am using latest version of Link and it is still not fixed. Same issue with Windows 8, windows 10 and whatnot. Never thought I'd need to constantly upkeep a freeking PSU and CPU cooler. I spent more time on these than I spent on the OS itself over the years.

FYI: That freaking PSU took out my mobo probably as I am having random power issues.
Corsair link still works for me. I had a issue of the fans showing/not showing rapidly for a while but, the control, actual fan speeds was managed, both in Corsair Link and SIV.

I've found my AXi to be very stable though I rarely use more than 15% of total capacity (my machine is a bit over built). I assume you also run a good UPS with batteries in good condition as well?

Most of my PC problems have been Win 10 related (I am in the Win 10 Insider) and occasionally, I have had build issues). Twice in (four years) I've had to wipe and rebuild my PC. With good notes, that is only a two hour ordeal.

Red Ray and Corsair were not able to see eye to eye. Corsair was locked into a method of managing Corsair Link. I think that is part of the reason for moving to iCue. Sometimes, a contract states the coding is proprietary and no one outside of the 3rd party developer may get into the kernel. This annoyed Red and many other developers that were positive they could resolve Link's issues.

I suggest removing CL. After you have removed it, confirm no hidden related files exist. Check the registry. Confirm you have all the current Win 120 Updates or better, re-image you PC. Then reinstall CL.

Tags
ax760i, corsair link 4, h80i