The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2017, 02:44 PM

POST ID # = 902426
Glyphic Reputation: 10
Default CUE Question

Maybe I am just being retarded, but I can't seem to figure out a way to edit my keyboard lighting the way I am wanting.

I have a k95 RGB, with a star wars lighting profile.

I was wondering if there is a way to setup a timer to make my keyboard cycle through my lighting effects?

Old 05-08-2017, 11:24 PM
Witch
Comet ☄'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 902458
Comet ☄ Reputation: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to Comet ☄
Excited Using TIMER action to trigger profile switch for different lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyphic View Post
Maybe I am just being retarded, but I can't seem to figure out a way to edit my keyboard lighting the way I am wanting.

I have a k95 RGB, with a star wars lighting profile.

I was wondering if there is a way to setup a timer to make my keyboard cycle through my lighting effects?
You can certainly do this. Set up a timer action that will switch profiles, and have it start when the profile starts. Each profile can have this, so that the lighting will change.

You can also use timers for inactivity switching; if Enter key is pressed, you can have a timer restart. If the timer expires, then have it go to a profile where your lights are off. In that profile, configure it so that every key retains original value and switches profile to the first one of your lighting profiles.

You can see the technique in action in the attached comet.zip file, which is a compressed version of comet.cuefolder and contains three profiles. The Random Rainbow profile showcases both basic and advanced lighting effects. This profile has a timer action, depicted below, which will switch to the Lights Off profile, whose lighting effects are that the lights are turned off.

In your case, you would have each profile have a timer and profile switch action to go to the next profile, and each separate profile would showcase a different lighting effect. You probably don't want to restart your timer on key press.

Attached Images
File Type: png switch.png (1.39 MB, 437 views)
File Type: png timer.png (1.39 MB, 312 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Comet.zip (62.1 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by Comet ☄; 05-30-2017 at 03:57 PM. Reason: updated timer illustration for clarity

Tags
cue, keyboard, lighting