The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 03:07 AM
stanzin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018807
stanzin Reputation: 10
Default cooling problem

So im using this new liquid cooler h100i pro rgb after replacing my former liquid cooler but now after installing the liquid cooler i see its not giving proper cooling to my CPU i5 7600k after i turn on PC its starting temperature is not stable its goes from 56 - 78 on idle after 15 minutes it gives stable temperature from 44 - 46 when i start playing games temperature rises upto 89 - 100 my former liquid cooler gave me good performance than this idle was on stable 34 degree right on the start while playing games it goes to 55 degree its was h 100iv2. if you think that i have overclooked my cpu no its not true cuz i dont know how to overclook and im never going to do that .

SO im unable to send the video because it saying missing token
i uploaded the photo which is on unstable temperature on starting of PC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0065.JPG (3.38 MB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0064.JPG (3.17 MB, 16 views)

Old 09-22-2019, 08:49 AM
lady_may_cry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018964
lady_may_cry Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzin View Post
So im using this new liquid cooler h100i pro rgb after replacing my former liquid cooler but now after installing the liquid cooler i see its not giving proper cooling to my CPU i5 7600k after i turn on PC its starting temperature is not stable its goes from 56 - 78 on idle after 15 minutes it gives stable temperature from 44 - 46 when i start playing games temperature rises upto 89 - 100 my former liquid cooler gave me good performance than this idle was on stable 34 degree right on the start while playing games it goes to 55 degree its was h 100iv2. if you think that i have overclooked my cpu no its not true cuz i dont know how to overclook and im never going to do that .

SO im unable to send the video because it saying missing token
i uploaded the photo which is on unstable temperature on starting of PC
I think you need to re-seat the block of your cooler, maybe that's the cause for the your cpu temp rises up so high even on idle...

Old 09-22-2019, 10:08 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018968
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanzin View Post
...after i turn on PC its starting temperature is not stable its goes from 56 - 78 on idle after 15 minutes...
Contact problems result in instantaneous high loads and do not "ramp up" over time. If the mount was bad, you would get your 80C immediately and on the desktop rather than slowly getting worse.

The key thing to look at is the H100i Pro Temp (coolant temperature) in Link. That is the measure of the cooler's efficiency and functionality. Most people will have a coolant temp of 4-7C above their room temp and see prolonged load values of +6-10C more. However, it should take 15 minutes or more of load to get to that point. If you turn on the PC and can see both the CPU temp and coolant temperature tick upwards every few seconds, something is wrong with the cooler. Unfortunately, the key data is cut off in your pictures. I can see a ~35C coolant temperature, but have no context for it. Pump speed is as expected for balanced mode. Can't see the fans, although fan speed should not be a factor for this behavior.

Feel the tubes coming out of the H100i Pro. They should be the same temperature and indistinguishable. If you have one hot and one cool, that is a problem. You also can do an exhaust temp "feel check". The radiator exhaust should be approximately the same as the coolant temp. If it says 35C and the air feels rather cool, heat is not getting to the radiator.

This is not a commonly reported problem on the Pro series. It could be one very stubborn air bubble, although that usually comes with pump noise. You can try rocking the case backwards so the tubes are higher than the block. That may allow the bubble to escape. You can also try cycling the pump from Quiet mode (1100 rpm) to extreme (2850 rpm) again and again to try and force a pressure change.