The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Jemimah_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017416
Jemimah_ Reputation: 10
Default Reuse Cooler

Hello, I am thinking on building a new computer soon, if so, do I need to buy a new cooler? I want to be able to reuse my H100i GTX on the new computer, so I don't have to get a new one.

Another question, does the H100i GTX work with RTX Cards?

Old 09-08-2019, 09:03 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017418
DevBiker Reputation: 88

As long as you have the mounting for the new motherboard, you'll be fine.
I'm not sure why the question about RTX cards ... unless, somehow, you are planning on cooling the RTX card with the cooler? In which case, that probably won't work.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:21 PM
Jemimah_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017429

Well it says H100i "GTX" so I was just curious, I have never built a pc before.

Old 09-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Latharion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017720
Latharion Latharion Reputation: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemimah_ View Post
Well it says H100i "GTX" so I was just curious, I have never built a pc before.
You should be able to use the H100i GTX on your new CPU without issue. Most of the issues depend on what CPU socket you have on your motherboard. Most of the hardware you need should still be in the box if you kept the extra pieces. Corsair also sells kits for newer processors for most of their various cooler kits.
Here's a link to the corsair kit if you need it. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...t/p/CW-8960027

You can use a some corsair coolers on most NVidia RTX cards using a Kraken G12 (a cool conversion kit that makes it possible to mount all-in-one coolers to video cards). https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

Corsair also sells specific graphics card adapter kits for some specific cards (like the NVidia 980 series).

I have no idea why Corsair chose to use the "GTX" suffix for that particular cooler, but I can see the confusion.

Last edited by Latharion; 09-10-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:58 AM
Jemimah_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latharion View Post
You should be able to use the H100i GTX on your new CPU without issue. Most of the issues depend on what CPU socket you have on your motherboard. Most of the hardware you need should still be in the box if you kept the extra pieces. Corsair also sells kits for newer processors for most of their various cooler kits.
Here's a link to the corsair kit if you need it. https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Catego...t/p/CW-8960027

You can use a some corsair coolers on most NVidia RTX cards using a Kraken G12 (a cool conversion kit that makes it possible to mount all-in-one coolers to video cards). https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12-white

Corsair also sells specific graphics card adapter kits for some specific cards (like the NVidia 980 series).

I have no idea why Corsair chose to use the "GTX" suffix for that particular cooler, but I can see the confusion.
Well I got this pc pre-built and they did not give me a bag of hardware for the cooler, or any other component.