Corsair Community

Speed of profile switching

KorbenAlf

Hello guys.

I`am planning to buy K70, I have never owned Corsair before, I have download iCUE and use demo mode, but i have some questions about speed of profile switching. In iCUE it is very slow, maybe 1 sec after I clicked on profile icon.

1. How fast profiles switches on keyboard if they linked to programs? If i need to switch, type something and switch back.

2. How fast profile switches and switches back if "while pressed" option is enabled?

I have Razer synapse and sometimes it switches profiles with some visible delay. Maybe 0.5 s or less. I make typos in my work, because of this. So this is crucial for me.

So maybe there is an official numbers, or you share your subjective experience about this. Thanks.

Q1 - If a profile is linked to a program, then the profile will start automatically once you open/select the assigned program.

Q2 - There is not much delay in profile switching, maybe .3-.6 seconds?.

If you have or are planning to buy a Corsair mouse with a sniper button like the Dark Core, then the 'start profile when pressed' option can be used like a secondary layer of macros assigned to that sniper button. This completely negates the need for a two keyboard setup (one for typing, other for macros) or the need for a keyboard with 18 macro keys (K95 RGB OG), and you can instead buy a smaller keyboard like the K70 or the K95 Platinum if you are anything like me and want dedicated macros regardless of software layers.

Also, if you are debating whether to get the K95P over the K70, or vice versa, the Platinum has a much better wrist rest that actually has rubber instead of that rubber coating like the K70's one.