Corsair Community

LL120 9 fan setup planning

DOWSER18

I am looking to be running 9 LL120 fans with the commander pro. I have been reading up and considered some diagrams but hoping someone could please confirm the best approach.

What is in my head:

1) 6 fans into one RGB Fan LED hub, then 3 fans for H150i Pro into a second RGB Fan LED hub.

2) Link both RGB Fan LED hubs into the 2 LED inputs on Com Pro.

3) 6 fans into fan control on com pro and 3 fans off of fan control of H150i Pro.

4) 2 Lighting Node Pros powered from the USB connectors from the Com Pro?

Will this work? Or do I need to power / link it differently?

Thank you for your time and help with this.

You're fine, except you will not need the 2 Lighting Node Pros. A Commander Pro is a Lighting Node Pro with a fan controller. If you want software (iCUE) control over the 6 non-H150i fans, you need the Commander Pro. If you do not, then 1 LNP that will be in the triple pack of LL120s will handle the two lighting channels for the two RGB Lighting Hubs.

You will have to price LL120 singles vs LL120 multipacks. You do need 2 RGB Lighting Hubs and those in the multipack. They sell as a standalone item for $10, but can be hard to find or more costly to obtain separately. This likely means you need 2 x triple packs and 3 singles, but again check pricing. Any extra LNPs are not wasted. If you were to add RGB strips, more fans, or a different arrangement, you can chain them into the C-Pro. It also may have use in other builds or as a back up/testing device. Both RGB Lighting Hubs, the Commander Pro, and the H150i will require a SATA power cable. That is 4 in total and something to plan for on the PSU side.

to add to the great info given by the guys above....

http://i.imgur.com/dMbVSozl.png

this should cover your needs,, just ignore the strips/PSU and Lighting Node Pro

Thanks for this picture, very very usefull!

I've used led fans in the past, but they had static colors and just the 3 or 4 pin connector... I couldn't imagine the LL120 ha 2 connectors.

I'm planning to build up a similar configuration in a Lian-Li 011 Dynamic case, not sure yet if I can save a 3 fans pack by re-using the 3 H150i Pro's fans as side-exaust.

it's a 100€ matter at the end, not properly nuts.

Do you know if there is a cable to connect Corsair's PSU directly to the Commander Pro USB hub without this stuff?? I'd save some space…

IMG-6754.jpg

Baio

Edited by Baio

Which PSU do you have bud?.. some (most) of the newer ones have a Mini USB connection now

original.png

Mine is an AX860i but it last some years ago... I have only the upper connector, not the USB one.

What do you think about using the 3 H150i Pro's fan in exhaust? Are they suitable?

Baio

The ML120 “Quiet” that come with the H150i are multi-purpose fans and will move about the same amount of air as a standard LL120. However, they are not RGB and you want to think about how that will look in the 011. The vertical panel is the show off part of the case. If the case sits below you, then maybe on the top, but I think bottom intake is the place to hide them. That is a filtered panel making the ML blade design useful and they should blend in there. That will allow the LL to be exhaust on top + vertical, showing off the ring side of the fan.

The ML120 “Quiet” that come with the H150i are multi-purpose fans and will move about the same amount of air as a standard LL120. However, they are not RGB and you want to think about how that will look in the 011. The vertical panel is the show off part of the case. If the case sits below you, then maybe on the top, but I think bottom intake is the place to hide them. That is a filtered panel making the ML blade design useful and they should blend in there. That will allow the LL to be exhaust on top + vertical, showing off the ring side of the fan.

Thanks for your suggestion… maybe I'll start with the black fans in the bottom and sse if the effect is good.

Baio

• 7 months later...
Thanks for this picture, very very usefull!

I've used led fans in the past, but they had static colors and just the 3 or 4 pin connector... I couldn't imagine the LL120 ha 2 connectors.

I'm planning to build up a similar configuration in a Lian-Li 011 Dynamic case, not sure yet if I can save a 3 fans pack by re-using the 3 H150i Pro's fans as side-exaust.

it's a 100€ matter at the end, not properly nuts.

Do you know if there is a cable to connect Corsair's PSU directly to the Commander Pro USB hub without this stuff?? I'd save some space…

IMG-6754.jpg

Baio

So I am building my first pc ever. If I understand the diagram correctly, this is great. For a quick clarification, the fans for the cpu cooler will run high speed all the time since they are not being controlled (only LED) right? If so, I so want to use this diagram. I want to do 10 fans with the Lian Li XL

• 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have just set up my build but wanted to ask if anyone knew about setting up x8 LL120 fans to sync together with Corsair ICUE software.

My Setup 8 Fan Total + 4 Corsair RGB Light Strips:

X3 Front LL120s

x2 Top LL120s (Hydro H100i Platinum SE cooler)

x1 Rear LL120

x2 Bottom LL120s

x1 Commander Pro

x1 RGB Hub

-I currently have the front 3, rear fan, and bottom 2 fans set up in sequential order plugged into the 6 port hub. The hub is plugged into channel 1 of the commander pro.

-I Then have the 4 RGB strips connected directly into Channel 2 of the RGB Hub.

-The 3Pin fan connecter which comes off the pump head is connected to the CPU_FAN header, SATA to the power supply on the Motherboard. The HX2 top H100i (LL120) Fans plugged into the two connectors that come off the pump head and the RGB Connectors are connected to the numbered connectors.

(basically like this - [ame]

[/ame] )

MY ISSUE:

I can't seem to get all the 8 fans set up to use a sequential RGB lighting order together.

In ICUE, I can use certain lighting effects using the Lighting Link effects which WILL connect all the fans and CPU pump RGB lighting together with the RAM BUT if I try to use the Sequential lighting effect, I can only seem to do it for the 6 fans plugged into the Commander Pro.

The sequential lighting effect does not seem to work across all 8 fans.

MY QUESTION: Can you set up all x8 fans be setup in ICUE to use a sequential lighting effect? If yes, how can you do this? If no, could someone explain why (i think I know why) but can my setup be re-arranged if I use another hub or an LNP added to the setup to get all the fans connected in a way that the sequential lighting effects work across all fans?

It would be great if someone more experienced could advise?

• 6 months later...

Here is my current setup for a 680x case:

6 fans are powered by a commander pro, 2 from the H100 SE Platinum. It has 2 node cores which get power from the Commander pro. The RGB from the H100i fans, three front fans and a bottom fan are controlled from node core 1, the rest are controlled from node core 2.

The problem is that any sequential lighting isnt working as whole.

What would be the best way to go about this?

They are a mix of Corsair QL120 and QL140s.

Here is my current setup for a 680x case:

6 fans are powered by a commander pro, 2 from the H100 SE Platinum. It has 2 node cores which get power from the Commander pro. The RGB from the H100i fans, three front fans and a bottom fan are controlled from node core 1, the rest are controlled from node core 2.

The problem is that any sequential lighting isnt working as whole.

What would be the best way to go about this?

They are a mix of Corsair QL120 and QL140s.

Try not to double post buddy. confuses things by spreading out advice when others are searching... i have answered in the other thread..