The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-20-2016, 09:51 AM

POST ID # = 832162
Lillemanden Reputation: 10
Default Disabling the "No Device Detected" dialog

I have a setup where I use two computers, my mouse and keyboard is then connected to both of them via a usb switch.
Whenever I switch the control away from the main computer (where I have CUE installed) I get the "No Device Detected" dialog popping up.
This is extremely annoying when I have have video running (the dialog always pops up on top).

Is there any way to disable this dialog?
If not this would be a very welcome addition in the future. I realize not many people will run into this, but the cost of adding that option should be very low.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:09 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 832167
Elestriel Reputation: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillemanden View Post
I have a setup where I use two computers, my mouse and keyboard is then connected to both of them via a usb switch.
Whenever I switch the control away from the main computer (where I have CUE installed) I get the "No Device Detected" dialog popping up.
This is extremely annoying when I have have video running (the dialog always pops up on top).

Is there any way to disable this dialog?
If not this would be a very welcome addition in the future. I realize not many people will run into this, but the cost of adding that option should be very low.
I have an issue where whenever I unlock my computer, I get that dialog as CUE tries to re-initialize my keyboard. God knows why it does this, because it's still working fine with my own software, but it's definitely a pain. Further to that, if I click on the dialog, CUE freezes or crashes.

Having said that: no. We can't disable it. :'(

Old 01-21-2016, 09:45 AM

POST ID # = 832387

Is there a better place to requests features? Or do Corsair read requests from this forum?

Old 01-21-2016, 03:28 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Elestriel's PC Specs

POST ID # = 832457
Elestriel Reputation: 43

They read requests here, they just don't always respond.

I can tell you, though, that this message is something I've personally discussed with them. They definitely know about it. ;)

Old 01-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Henry's PC Specs

POST ID # = 832460
Corsair Henry Reputation: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillemanden View Post
Is there a better place to requests features? Or do Corsair read requests from this forum?
We are here watching most, if not all of the time. Like Elestriel mentioned, we are aware of this and we thank you for the suggestion

Old 01-21-2016, 04:34 PM

POST ID # = 832467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Henry View Post
We are here watching most, if not all of the time. Like Elestriel mentioned, we are aware of this and we thank you for the suggestion
Cool, thanks.
One more thing, with the latest patch the popup window now stays there forever, in the previous version it would disappear after about 20 seconds.

Old 02-01-2016, 02:38 PM

POST ID # = 834416
JaRail Reputation: 10

I recently purchased a Strafe keyboard. This is my #1 complaint. In fact, the issue has gotten worse. The dialog used to time out and disappear. Now it seems to just sit there.

If you can't easily disable this dialog, please just remove it. It does more harm than good. There are a lot of people who use KVMs to switch between their desktop and a docked laptop.

Old 08-25-2016, 09:49 AM

POST ID # = 868724
littleodie914 Reputation: 10

I just purchased a Strafe RGB and have a similar setup - two PCs, each with a monitor attached, and a shared keyboard/mouse.

I normally use one for putting up Netflix/podcasts, and the other for work. It's really frustrating to start Netflix on one machine, then switch to the work machine and have my Netflix window obscured by an un-removable dialog window.

Seems like a software update to make this dialog an optional feature would be a wonderful QoL improvement.

Tags
cue, request