Corsair Community

Z.S

is there a way to add more RGB fans/strips etc if you have 2 Lighting Node Pro's or get a Lighting Node Pro with a Commander Pro etc... as I know they are limited but by having multiple ones can you increase the number of RGB things you can connect

I posting to this thread since its still a question on lighting. Can the individually addressable RGB strips be daisy-chained just like the regular RGB strips? If so, how many can you do on a single RGB header? I need 6 strips to light my case the way I want, and I'd like to use the addressable strips. I have an older lighting node and commander mini with 2 strips per slot. I'm planning to keep the mini (I don't see the benefit of upgrading the mini), but I'd like to run all 6 strips off the new lighting node pro. If its still 2x per slot limited, can I run them off the RGB header if I buy the fan kit?

Also, anyone know of the availability of expansion sets for new RGB strips?

Each CLNP/CLCP port can have up to 4 strips connected, so 8 in total. Each strip of 10 LEDs can have a different lighting effect and use different colours.

All I can suggest is that you get the CLNP which comes with 4 x strips and hope Corsair start selling just the strips.

sorry for late replies as i forgot i posted this but i know that there is a limit to the number of LED strips and RGB fans one can have hooked up to either Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro but if i get the LNP and CP can I have more RGB connected as I want at least 4 fans and 2 strips if i get a larger case then I will get more fans to hook up and it can come in handy as well (the CP) as it has USB 2.0 expansion slots

I am going to buy either at least within 2 weeks

I feel Corsair should create a sticky thread so I don't need keep posting about this :idea:.

1. The CLNP (Corsair Lightning Node Pro) has 2 x LED ports
  2. The CLCP (Corsair Link Commander Pro) has 2 x LED ports + 4 x temp sensors + 2 x USB headers + 6 x 4-pin PWM / 3-pin voltage fan controllers.
  3. Each LED port can either control 6 x LED fans or 4 x LED strips.
  4. A CLCP + 4 x LED strips would be sensible, but the only way to currently get the LED strips is to get a CLNP which I feel is silly.

Archived