Corsair Community

XD5 Pump Mounting options

NegativeD

Hi Everyone!

I am currently building a PC desk case and at the point where I need to decide how to mount the XD5 Pump. Manual and everyone says don't mount it horizontally. This I understand and don't plan on it but I don't want to mount it vertically either because I don't want to stare at the top of this beautiful 150 dollars pump/reservoir. So why not diagonally? As long as the D5 pump is being fed liquid it should be fine from my experience with the D5 PWM pumps. I made an acrylic stand to mount the pump on ( I attached a picture with this thread). Let me know what you guys think! Should I try and see how this will work out or mounting the pump Vertically is my only option?

Thank you!

20200120_151812.thumb.jpg.27f9bc0ff982446b87b96fd98dc253b9.jpg

As long as the pump doesn't go dry, you should be OK. Just make sure to fill it. Better yet, have a dedicated fill port too so it's easier and you aren't filling at an angle.

That is exactly what I was thinking. I bought a few fittings for filling the liquid to make sure that the liquid level is always there to feed the pump hole. The fill port will be on the top and the drain port would be on the side while the temperature sensor is on the back of the pump.