Corsair Community

At wits end with my h100i...

Hotdegs

Hey all,

For the life of me, my H100i will NOT be recognized by my computer. No matter what I do, the USB device is unrecognized. Steps I've taken:

- Attempt to connect cooling block USB port to every USB port on the back of my motherboard using mini B to A cable, and each port that is on the top of my case (connected to my SINGLE available USB hub on my motherboard).

- Restart computer with cooling block disconnected, connect after system is stable and idle.

- Restart with only 1 other USB device (keyboard) connected. Connect after/connect during startup.

- Used two separate cables to do the above.

- Used the provided link cable to connect to a USB hub.

Is my only feasible last step to RMA my device? Such a pain in the ***..

I thought different versions of link software do nothing if the actual device is still stuck as "unrecognized USB device?"

Following the various guides, I cannot find the 2 devices under the device manager, and I can't find it in the registry as well (the win 8.1 fix).

I forgot to mention that I actually DID do a clean install of windows. I initially tried to get everything working in Windows 7 to no avail. I then did a clean wipe and install of 8.1 to see if I could get it working in windows 8. I cannot get the device to be recognized with either version of the OS, or after a clean isntall.

The only way I could get everything to show in link was having the H100i plugged into a USB3 port. Since then all okay.

A usb 3.0 port? I've tried that with no luck either.

I just can't get this thing to be anything but an "unknown device".

Does anyone know if I can try installing different firmwares, or is that not even possible until this thing is recognized in some way shape or form?

A usb 3.0 port? I've tried that with no luck either.

I just can't get this thing to be anything but an "unknown device".

Does anyone know if I can try installing different firmwares, or is that not even possible until this thing is recognized in some way shape or form?

it wont show until it sees the firmware,what version have you tried?

Archived