Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

Mostly works great, but a few things I've noticed on my work machine:

- Starting iCUE seems to kill my LAN. This is annoying, though not breaking, because the wifi still works. I have confirmed that the LAN will work fine until I start iCUE. The moment it starts my LAN dies.

- After a reboot it will not detect my keyboard until I log in and iCUE starts. This is mostly annoying because I have to physically remove the machine from my Hengedock, open it, log in, and then put it back.

My system:

- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

- Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

- Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB/Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I am running the latest iCUE.

Edit: My keyboard is a Corsair K70 LUX firmware 3.08. I also have a Corsair M65 which is not detected.

Edited by chang3ling
Missed a detail.

Mostly works great, but a few things I've noticed on my work machine:

- Starting iCUE seems to kill my LAN. This is annoying, though not breaking, because the wifi still works. I have confirmed that the LAN will work fine until I start iCUE. The moment it starts my LAN dies.

- After a reboot it will not detect my keyboard until I log in and iCUE starts. This is mostly annoying because I have to physically remove the machine from my Hengedock, open it, log in, and then put it back.

My system:

- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018)

- Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

- Memory 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

- Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB/Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I am running the latest iCUE.

Edit: My keyboard is a Corsair K70 LUX firmware 3.08. I also have a Corsair M65 which is not detected.

I wonder if you are running into the same issue I described here: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1024365&postcount=323

OK , updated to this latest version and i'm having issues with the iCue app quitting or disconnecting on me. I did a restart to make sure it wasn't something conflicting with it , but still having the same issue when i restart my computer. Once the app loads it works perfectly , detecting my keyboard and headset.

• Corsair Employee

If you’re a fan of CORSAIR peripherals, use macOS, and have always wanted that next level of customization, we’re happy to announce CORSAIR iCUE software for macOS. iCUE gives you near unlimited customization options for your peripherals’ glorious RGB lighting.

To download iCUE for macOS, click the link below:

http://www.corsair.com/downloads

Depending on your device, and when it was last updated, there may be a few steps needed before you can take advantage of all the features that iCUE for Mac has to offer. You can verify which firmware version is currently installed in the iCUE software under the settings tab. If your firmware version starts with 3.XX, you are ready to go, and don’t require any further steps to use your device on macOS.

We’ve taken the guesswork out of it for you and put together a list of legacy devices that require a firmware update:

KEYBOARDS

K63 Wireless

K63 Wireless SE

K65 RGB

K65 RGB LUX

K65 RGB Rapidfire

K66

K68

K68 RGB

K70 RGB

K70 LUX RGB

K70 Rapidfire

K95 RGB

K95 RGB Platinum

STRAFE

STRAFE RGB

K95 RGB Platinum SE

MICE

M65 RGB

M65 RGB PRO

DARK CORE RGB

DARK CORE SE RGB

KATAR

SABRE Optical

SABRE Laser

SCIMITAR RGB

SCIMITAR RGB PRO

You can identify your device using either the product name or part number indicated on the product label. Depending on the type of device you have, the product label will be in one of the following locations:

• Keyboards and Wireless Mice labels will be on the underside of the device
  • Part Numbers will start with a “CH-“
  • Wired Mice will be on the tag near the USB.

If you find yourself owning one of these legacy devices and isn’t detected in the iCUE software for macOS, you will need access to a PC running Windows with iCUE installed to perform the required firmware update. Simply connect your legacy device to the Windows PC and follow the steps in the How-To video below to perform the update within the iCUE software:

[ame]

[/ame]

Your CORSAIR Legacy Device should now be detected in the iCUE software for your Mac. If you are having trouble with these instructions, or continue to experience issues with your CORSAIR device after manually updating it, contact us at https://help.corsair.com and would be happy to help.

Yes, it looks like the same issue. I don't have a different keyboard to use though :P

I'm just glad I'm not alone. Having not seen any other reports of it I thought maybe it was something unique to my setup. Hopefully if others are having the problem it is something Corsair can address.

Hope you have fixed all the bugs in your latest version, i'm getting constant disconnects and have to continuously plug and unplug my Void headset in order to have it work, This been happening since ver 3.21.72

BTW where the hell is the mac version on the icue site you only have 2 windows version?

Edited by BlackScorpion

The download link is at the top of this thread.

On Mac OS no driver or software is needed to use the headset.

If you are using a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse. I highly recommend not using iCUE for Mac OS and using CKB-Next. iCue for Mac OS still lacks basic functions like the mapping of modifier keys to a button.

The download link is at the top of this thread.

On Mac OS no driver or software is needed to use the headset.

If you are using a Corsair Keyboard or Mouse. I highly recommend not using iCUE for Mac OS and using CKB-Next. iCue for Mac OS still lacks basic functions like the mapping of modifier keys to a button.

Have you clicked on that link yet? There is two windows version listed, i had to do a manual search for it. And yes i do need the Icue to us the Dolby surround sound , which you don't get if running it from the mac without ICue. BTW do you have a link to the CKB version you speak of?

Edited by BlackScorpion

After talking on the phone with customer support, I was still unable to resolve the issue.

My Strafe RGB keyboard (Japanese layout) is not being detected by the icue software.

I have:

Updated the keyboard firmware on a windows machine (v.3.08)

Installed and reinstalled Icue v. 3.23.66

Nothing helps.

Mac OS v. 10.15.2

Please fix

Edited by kuronoharu
extra info

After talking on the phone with customer support, I was still unable to resolve the issue.

My Strafe RGB keyboard (Japanese layout) is not being detected by the icue software.

I have:

Nothing helps.

Mac OS v. 10.15.2

Please fix

Have you tried downgrading an older version, such as V/ 3.15.101 to see if the issue

persist? i'm currently having issues with this latest version, so i might have to downgrade myself.

Edited by BlackScorpion

I have:

Nothing helps.

Mac OS v. 10.15.2

Please fix

Try CKB-Next instead of iCUE. Corsair can't even get basic functionality like mapping modifier keys to work. Creating Hardware profiles lacks consistency with software profiles. I'm not providing the link use a search engine and find it.

I have an iMac running Mojave. When I have my keyboard plugged in, there are more lighting options—and then when I unplug it to use it wirelessly, it ignores the lighting patterns i've just set in the profiles and defaults to predetermined animations. Is there any way to use the lighting effects I designed without using the keyboard in wired mode? Thank you

I have an iMac running Mojave. When I have my keyboard plugged in, there are more lighting options—and then when I unplug it to use it wirelessly, it ignores the lighting patterns i've just set in the profiles and defaults to predetermined animations. Is there any way to use the lighting effects I designed without using the keyboard in wired mode? Thank you

Which keyboard are you using? I know that the k57 you get those extra setting with the lighting ONLY when wired, you wont get them when using it wireless.

This is from there description: Choose from 18 different lighting effects wirelessly or plug in for total control of each individually lit key.

Edited by BlackScorpion

Hi there, I purchased a k83 wireless and k63 wireless keyboards. The k83 paired with my MacBook Pro 2018 via bluetooth perfectly. However the k63 will not.

The k63 works fine via USB cable and Wireless dongle but not Bluetooth. If I had to guess, it appears to be a timeout issue. This is what is happening:

1. I put the keyboard into bluetooth pairing mode.

2. I go into my Mac and select the keyboard and begin pairing.

3. Enter the security code and press enter on the keyboard.

4. Click continue on Mac and identify the keyboard using the buttons adjacent to the shift keys.

4. Click complete.

Now depending on how quickly I do this, it will fail at any point of the process, but doing it quick gets me to the end and appears to connect but then disconnects and will never again connect, even when cycling power on the keyboard.

I have tried the reset process: hold ESC, plug power in, release ESC, turn on. Observed my settings being reset but did not resolve the pairing issue.

The keyboard firmware is 3.12 and Cue version is 3.23.66. Mac is Catalina with latest updates (10.15.2).

Tried on an older iMac with the same version of OS X, still the same issue.

Anyone else having this issue?

I'm having constant disconnection issues, keyboard acting all wonky, giving me error messages about the firmware being incompatible. I can't win, thought this would be fixed by now. Seems since version 3.15 was the only stable version for me, everything after that has given me issue after issues.

To CorsairJames, are we getting new updates, i'm still having issue with this last version constantly quitting on me and i'm still having the issue with the keyboard, not sure what's going on in your end but i submitted the request 15 days ago and i haven't received a response on it. I'm just about to get rid of this whole setup, really getting tired of these issues.