Corsair Community

Crystal 680x 360mm Radiator in front?

Ignitros

Hey everyone! I was hoping to find out if I can fit the corsair XR5 360mm x 30mm Radiator w/ 3 LL120 PWM RGB fans in the front compartment (Fans facing outward pulling air into the case and the radiator inward of the fans) and then attach the XD5 pump/reservior to the radiator. I'm also using the Asus RTX 2080 GPU block mounted vertical.

1) Will the Radiator fit upfront

2) Will there be enough room between the pump/reservoir and the GPU?

1) The 360mm radiator will fit upfront mounted behind the fans. However, this appears to come with some compromise. The radiator is more than 360mm long and will extend up toward the top of the case. Others users are reporting they cannot install a 140mm fan in the forward top slot when in this position.

2) Not unless you are using CPU based graphics or one really tiny card. Maximum GPU length is listed at 330mm. Less the 30mm from the radiator. Less the 102mm from the pump and bracket. So you are looking for a GPU in the 190mm max range. I suspect that is not what you have in mind. For the 680x/740 Air you need to put the pump in the rear chamber. It is a relatively easy mount and tube runs can be put through the grommets. There should be some more information by following the Hydro X configurator.

1) The 360mm radiator will fit upfront mounted behind the fans. However, this appears to come with some compromise. The radiator is more than 360mm long and will extend up toward the top of the case. Others users are reporting they cannot install a 140mm fan in the forward top slot when in this position.

2) Not unless you are using CPU based graphics or one really tiny card. Maximum GPU length is listed at 330mm. Less the 30mm from the radiator. Less the 102mm from the pump and bracket. So you are looking for a GPU in the 190mm max range. I suspect that is not what you have in mind. For the 680x/740 Air you need to put the pump in the rear chamber. It is a relatively easy mount and tube runs can be put through the grommets. There should be some more information by following the Hydro X configurator.

So basically I'll need to run the 3 fans up front as normal pulling fresh air into the case then run 2 separate 240mm radiators one in the top and one in the bottom pushing air through the radiators and out out of the case? The GPU is 300mm so yeah.

I don’t know. I think you are really pushing the limit at 300mm. Also I didn’t realize you were looking at a triple rad set up. I think if you put 240mm rads up top that forces you into flush mounting the 360mm on the front rail, fans behind on the interior. You won’t be able to run tubes in/out and still might have to sacrifice the rear fan. This is very tricky. The 680/740 is kind of tough for triple radiators. The case in general sets up better for 280mm but three of those would be really difficult as well.