Corsair Community

hx1200i didnt boot when fan or pump connected

darksidevirus

Hy everyone.

İ have an hx1200i for more than 4 year now.

my setup:

asus rog strix x99 gaming motherboard

i7 6580k

2x r9 290 amd card

4tb seagate hdd

12 fan

2 ddc pump

The fırst year i have to set the psu ocp to single chanel to boot correctly

but some month ago ı need to connect my pump to another psu

and today my psu didnt start if i connect my fan to it

curently i use a 300w noname psu tu power my 2 ddc pump and my 12 fan

the psu start for less than 1 or 4 second and reboot if the hard drive or fan are connected

i also have 18awg sleeved cabel extention

i hope someone can help before i buy another psu

Thank for all your help.

• Corsair Employee
sorry for double posting

İs there any way to to entirely disbable the ocp on there power suply

"Single rail mode" IS completely disabling OCP.

This doesn't sound like an OCP issue. This sounds like a short... or you're doing something wrong.

I'm a little confused...

PC worked fine.

You plugged a pump into it and the PC would no longer boot? So you had to use a second PSU to run the pump?

You plug an additional fan directly to the PSU and now the PSU fails to boot?

You're not using any non-Corsair cables plugged into the PSU, are you?

pc works great

the pump and all the part works great on an another 800w coolermaster psu

but the hx1200i is a pain

i run 2psu rıght now and the psu change ıtself from singel chanel to multy chanel ocp

i have my 2 pump connected to an old psu

all other part are powered fron the hx1200.

6 month ago if i connect the pump after the boot its works

now if i connect them the pc shutt down

i dont have that isue if i use another psu

just whit the hx

• Corsair Employee
pc works great

i have my 2 pump connected to an old psu

all other part are powered fron the hx1200.

6 month ago if i connect the pump after the boot its works

now if i connect them the pc shutt down

i dont have that isue if i use another psu

just whit the hx

Multiple +12V rail mode would still allow up to 40A per connector on that PSU. So that's not the problem. I seriously doubt any of your parts are using as much as 40A per cable.

Please list all of your parts and how they are hooked up to the HX1200i. Including what these pumps are and how you connect them to the HX1200i. What other things do you have plugged into that same cable.

Example:

2x r9 290 amd card

One PCIe cable per card?

12 fan

2 ddc pump

Do the pumps use Molex power connectors? Are you trying to put the two pumps on the same cable?

i also have 18awg sleeved cabel extention

18g is pretty thin gauge. This is just an EXTENSION of the existing Corsair cable, right? Not a cable that plugs directly into the PSU, right? What are you using the extension for? 24-pin? EPS12V? PCIe? Molex? For the pumps? For your drives?

Also, I asked if you were using any non-Corsair cables on the HX1200i. You did not answer that question.

I want to help you, but you're not providing enough information for me to provide any help.

Edited by jonnyguru

Looking at all the hardware, I have an HX1000i and I could connect 48 fans to it via molex cables as they do not use a lot of power.

Most use a AIO water cooler for the CPU. I use the biggest AMD CPU cooler with RGB which is connected to my MB.

Corsair has lots of water cooling hardware, up to full custom.

Something is not right with the cabling so I suggest checking the cables carefully to be sure the voltages are all in spec. A standard multimeter can check.

A cheap PSU tester can also be used

Multiple +12V rail mode would still allow up to 40A per connector on that PSU. So that's not the problem. I seriously doubt any of your parts are using as much as 40A per cable.

Please list all of your parts and how they are hooked up to the HX1200i. Including what these pumps are and how you connect them to the HX1200i. What other things do you have plugged into that same cable.

Example:

One PCIe cable per card?

Do the pumps use Molex power connectors? Are you trying to put the two pumps on the same cable?

18g is pretty thin gauge. This is just an EXTENSION of the existing Corsair cable, right? Not a cable that plugs directly into the PSU, right? What are you using the extension for? 24-pin? EPS12V? PCIe? Molex? For the pumps? For your drives?

Also, I asked if you were using any non-Corsair cables on the HX1200i. You did not answer that question.

I want to help you, but you're not providing enough information for me to provide any help.

sorry for the last part i forget to respond to it

thank again for your response

my part :

asus strix x99 mobo power whit 8 and 4 pin from the corsair

2 x r9 290 watercooled porweder by 2x8 and 2x6 pin total 4 cable from the corsair

4tb HDD powered bysata by the corsair psu

12 fan connected 4 fan by molex (pwm signal to the mobo)

2 swiftec mcp 35 powered by only one molex on 300w (maybe less) noname psu

İ also try just the original cable that come out fron the box

i use extention sleeved cable connected to the orijinal corsair cable

if i connect event only one pump on the psu its shutt down

My gpu are powered by a total of 4 pci 8 pin and 6 pin pci each not a single 8+6 but 2 straight of the psu for each gpu

i have try whit and whitout the sleved cable extention

i have try whitout any fan and HDD

how a noname 20 year old psu that give a max of 300w can run my 2 pump my HDD and 12 fan and my 1200hx corsair not

i hope i didnt forget anythin

Looking at all the hardware, I have an HX1000i and I could connect 48 fans to it via molex cables as they do not use a lot of power.

Most use a AIO water cooler for the CPU. I use the biggest AMD CPU cooler with RGB which is connected to my MB.

Corsair has lots of water cooling hardware, up to full custom.

Something is not right with the cabling so I suggest checking the cables carefully to be sure the voltages are all in spec. A standard multimeter can check.

A cheap PSU tester can also be used

i have bought these pump second hand but the wire are cut

i have connect them to a molex each and try each cable to + and - no change work great on other psu but not on the corsair

back in time i can connect my pump after the boot bur right now i cant connect them at all

• Corsair Employee
sorry for the last part i forget to respond to it

thank again for your response

my part :

asus strix x99 mobo power whit 8 and 4 pin from the corsair

2 x r9 290 watercooled porweder by 2x8 and 2x6 pin total 4 cable from the corsair

4tb HDD powered bysata by the corsair psu

12 fan connected 4 fan by molex (pwm signal to the mobo)

2 swiftec mcp 35 powered by only one molex on 300w (maybe less) noname psu

İ also try just the original cable that come out fron the box

i use extention sleeved cable connected to the orijinal corsair cable

if i connect event only one pump on the psu its shutt down

My gpu are powered by a total of 4 pci 8 pin and 6 pin pci each not a single 8+6 but 2 straight of the psu for each gpu

i have try whit and whitout the sleved cable extention

i have try whitout any fan and HDD

how a noname 20 year old psu that give a max of 300w can run my 2 pump my HDD and 12 fan and my 1200hx corsair not

i hope i didnt forget anythin

I don't need to keep hearing about the other PSU, ok? It doesn't serve any purpose.

When you plugged the two Swiftech pumps into the CORSAIR power supply, how did you do it? Using a TYPE 3 cable that came with the PSU? Two pumps on one cable or two cables, one for each pump?

And what does "12 fan connected 4 fan by molex (pwm signal to the mobo)"

How is that connected to the HX1200i.

Don't tell me how it's connected to the other PSU. That doesn't help us here.

• Corsair Employee
each pump is connected to a molex on a sinble cable directly to the corsair psu

i use

out of the psu 1 cable connected to the pump

out of the psu 1 cable connected to the second pump

out of the psu 1 cable for 4 fan connected to the psu

That's really strange. None of that should exceed OCP or be too much load for a single cable.

You say that when the pumps and fans are hooked up to the HX1200i, it will POST, but will fail to boot into Windows? Or does it not even POST?

That's really strange. None of that should exceed OCP or be too much load for a single cable.

You say that when the pumps and fans are hooked up to the HX1200i, it will POST, but will fail to boot into Windows? Or does it not even POST?

Even white only one pump the psu dont boot

Start d'or 5 sec ans reboot whit out posting

Even better sons Time i just have a half second bootloop

just out of curiosity, how are the pumps connected to the PSU? just yellow and black wires? it's soldered? insulation is correct?

I was imagining, if there's a small short or intermittent contact between the wires you reconnected, it would trip the OCP on the HX, and the cheap PSU may not have great output protection and would happily power the pumps with a few DC arcs now and then.

• Corsair Employee
just out of curiosity, how are the pumps connected to the PSU? just yellow and black wires? it's soldered? insulation is correct?

I was imagining, if there's a small short or intermittent contact between the wires you reconnected, it would trip the OCP on the HX, and the cheap PSU may not have great output protection and would happily power the pumps with a few DC arcs now and then.

That's why I'm thinking as well. But it's hard to get all of the information from OP.

It's this part that makes me think something janky is going on:

i have connect them to a molex each and try each cable to + and - no change work great on other psu but not on the corsair

Still have NO IDEA how the pump is actually hooked up to the HX1200i.

OP: Maybe take some pictures of how you had to wire the pump to plug into the HX1200i??

• Corsair Employee
Even white only one pump the psu dont boot

Start d'or 5 sec ans reboot whit out posting

Even better sons Time i just have a half second bootloop

Ok.. Single vs. Multiple +12V rail isn't going to cause a "boot loop". OCP does not cause a "boot loop". If you exceed OCP, the PSU latches OFF. You're misdiagnosing your problem, clearly.

You REALLY need to show us or at least explain to us how you're hooking the pumps up. What does the connector that goes into the PSU look like? What does it say? How did you wire the + and - for the pump to a Molex?

I think the solution to your problem is in the information you're not giving us.