Corsair Community

Virtuoso MIC mute function does not work when iCUE is Open

Havoc O66

So, as above when using iCUE software you can not use the MIC mute button on the headset to mute or un-mute the microphone.

The LED will turn from RED to GREEN but no actual change is made and no indicator audio is heard.

This function works perfectly when the iCUE software is closed.

However this is inconvenient because all the corsair peripherals like the keyboard and mouse go back to the default lighting and profiles, which is annoying.

This also will not allow you to turn the RGB lighting on the Virtuso off to increase the battery charge life.

Has anyone found a fix for this? I cant see one on the forum.

The software defiantly needs patching which is bizarre for a headset that's been out for ages now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Got the same issue now, did you found a solution for this problem ?

Nope, still broken.

I did have it working for a short time after the previous update (not the latest version), whilst having it plugged in on USB it would allow muting through the microphone with the audio cue but not when in wireless mode.

However since updating iCUE firmware (along with my other corsair devices) it has fully stopped working again.

As before I can only get the mute function to work when iCUE is disabled.

TBH corsair have been less than helpful with this and not even replied to email.

I'll be getting rid of this shortly and potentially changing brands, as i've also had issues with my mouse buttons.

• 3 months later...
  • Corsair Employee

Which version of iCUE and Windows Feature Update are you running currently? You can check the iCUE version in the settings tab, and Windows Update version under OS Build Info in your "Window Update Settings" window. Also try repairing iCUE to see if this improves the behavior:

Unplug your USB headphones.

Close iCUE.

Go to your Control Panel.

Click on Programs.

Click on Uninstall a Program.

Right click on CORSAIR iCUE Software.

Click Repair.

Follow onscreen instructions.

Plug headset back in.

Be sure to backup your profiles before beginning this process so you don't have any chance of losing them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is still busted in 3.35.152

I should also add the when pressing the hardware mute button the icon changes in iCUE and Sidetone is disabled but it has no effect on other apps such as Discord. Windows shows the mic as being unmuted.

Edited by dirtyrobot