Corsair Community

RAM Clearance for VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 8GB

ecolight

Unfortunately the corsair H100i RGB platinum 240mm( 277mm x 120mm x 27mm) wont even mount with my iCUE 465X that i already had. My motherboard is MSI MPG X570 gaming edge wifi and i run 4x VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 8GB. I'm gonna grab a new case before i get further heartbroken. So am askin here first will I have enough clearance with Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Premium Mid-Tower Case? Any help would be greatly appreciated im pretty new to computer building.

Are you saying your ram is causing the issue or the case? Got any pictures of the said issue? It looks like you are trying to say that the rad will not mount in the 465X case though. You should be able to mount it to the front with no issues. And use the top as exhaust with just fans. As depending on how close your board is to the top it might block it off for mounting.
  • Confused 1

You're right it can be mounted on the front and could even be mounted on the top if I mounted the fans on top of the case. my 465X was a case i had laying and I planned on grabbing a new one for my new build. Here's a photo lining up the top mounting. https://imgur.com/li427FV If you got any info on whether or not i can mount this same radiator on the Obsidian Series 500D RGB SE Premium Mid-Tower Case. I look on Corsairs website it gives max height of coolers. But I cant find where the clearance between the top mount and the board :/ the radiator is 27mm and the fans are 25mm. The issue can be resolved on the 465X It's purely aesthetics that I'm swapping from it don't want to spend 200+$ on a case that wont have the clearance for the top mount though.

Yeah that issue seems to be on a lot of the cases as of lately. I would just mount it to the front of the case and call it a day then. I know it would look better up top and as an exhaust though. Sometimes when life gives you Lemons you just have to make Lemonade with it.

Don't feel bad I have the 680x and it is basically a low airflow case and a heated oven on the other side of the chamber.

I have the 500DSE case and the fit between the Corsair rad on the top and the motherboard was *extremely* tight, there was almost no spare room. Technically it fit, but depending on where your EPS power connectors fall you may have fun with that.

FcnZigN.jpg

Zoom in to the top of this image and you may see how close it is. I really love the 500D, but in the end I just couldnt squeeze what I wanted to do into it so its sitting as the shell for my next, more conservative build now.

That is a 280mm rad I have too, and conventional wisdom around here says a 240mm is a better fit up top of the 500D. I did bite off more than I could chew it seems !!