Corsair Community

"Single Row" or "Single die" 200 Pin SODIMM

TomEME

I recently had an unfortunate ordering experience from my computer manufacturer. I was trying to upgrade from 4 GB to 8 GB concurrent with a Win7 64 bit upgrade. We run a lot of numerical analysis and other RAM-eating applications that have 64 bit versions.

When their RAM never arrived, I ordered from another site using the specs: matched pair of 4 GB DDR2 200 pin SODIMM, 800 MHz. This was all that was listed both at the manufacturer's site and at the other site.

When it arrived it did not work. Each chip would work individually in each slot, but they would not work together. Tech support told me I needed "single row" RAM, which was why it was more expensive; it was then I noticed that "dual die" was printed on the RAM I'd received.

I did the RAM finder thing here and apparently Corsair does not make these, but thought I'd post here just to be sure. How can I find this parameter to order my new RAM, here or anywhere?

Thanks,

Tom

PS, did the forum search thing first, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, thanks. Do you have any time to give me an idea what on earth they mean? And you can be somewhat tech-y, as I have been at the register/ assembly/hex level in times past.

The thing that bugged me is that the said spec was not listed on their site, nor anyone else's, and you can't order what you can't specify.

Sounds like it might be time for an upgrade on the machines if you cannot (easily) buy memory for them.

Based on the terminology you listed, it sounds as if they are referring to IC density on the memory and how many ranks of memory the chipset will see.

Archived