Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2018, 10:00 AM
qoatzelcoat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970552
qoatzelcoat Reputation: 10
Question Only the first three ports work on the RGB Fan LED Hub

Let me describe the situation,

Initially I bought the 3-pack LL120 RGB, and its working fine. Then I decided to buy another one to fill my case. The fan spins, but no LED lights up, then I searched the forum and found out that I need to change the number of fans in the Lighting Setup in my Node Pro. But nothing changed.

I tried to switch my new fan to first, second, and third port and is working fine. I'm also tried to switch the known working fans to the fourth, fifth, and sixth port (with the 6 fans option in the Node Pro) but none works.

Is it possible that my LED hub is faulty, or the included hub indeed intended only works with 3 fans altough 6 ports are available?

If it is faulty, I've contacted my seller to RMA'd it, and I have to return the whole 3-pack bundle, which is too much hassle for just one hub.

Old 08-29-2018, 12:05 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 970671
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The fan hub should work on all six ports.

Some question: did you hot plug any of the fans? Did you try moving the fan hub to the other lighting channel? After reconfiguring the lighting channel, have you restarted the system? (you shouldn't need to but just to check).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 09-01-2018, 09:23 PM
qoatzelcoat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971061

1. Yes, I did hot plug to test my fans, but I did cold one too
2. I'm also tried changing the second channel, selecting number of the fans too. When I chose one to three, they lit up consecutively, reaching to four to six, still only three lit up.
3. I restart them several times, and also turning off completely and wait for couple hours before turning itu on again. I even tried downgrading the LNP just to see if it makes anything different.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:28 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971123

At this point, it sounds like the fan hub is bad.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 09-04-2018, 12:29 PM

POST ID # = 971445
foxbuster Reputation: 10

I have the exact same problem. Switched out the fanhub for a new one and still have the same problem. Looks like a software bug?

Old 09-05-2018, 12:38 PM
qoatzelcoat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971618

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbuster View Post
I have the exact same problem. Switched out the fanhub for a new one and still have the same problem. Looks like a software bug?
New update: the fourth fan suddenly lit up, but unresponsive to any settings in the iCUE. It stays on with rainbow wave pattern no matter what settings are applied.

In my country, I could not find the stand alone rgb hub, it ia always bundled with three-packs. So, changing the hub was the least thing I would do. Glad to hear that somebody else experience it and may not be hardware issue

Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 AM

POST ID # = 971718
foxbuster Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoatzelcoat View Post
New update: the fourth fan suddenly lit up, but unresponsive to any settings in the iCUE. It stays on with rainbow wave pattern no matter what settings are applied.

In my country, I could not find the stand alone rgb hub, it ia always bundled with three-packs. So, changing the hub was the least thing I would do. Glad to hear that somebody else experience it and may not be hardware issue
Well the first three ports work for me and the last 3 don't (with the brand new hub). With the old hub the first 3 worked correctly, port 4 and 5 gave a very strange rainbow color to the fans and last port was not working at all.

So what I am saying is, the new hub didn't fix the problem!

Old 09-06-2018, 11:07 AM
qoatzelcoat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 971721

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbuster View Post
Well the first three ports work for me and the last 3 don't (with the brand new hub). With the old hub the first 3 worked correctly, port 4 and 5 gave a very strange rainbow color to the fans and last port was not working at all.

So what I am saying is, the new hub didn't fix the problem!
#MeToo, maybe it was also shows the same strange rainbow color. But, when I turn on my PC this morning, the LED is off again.

Thanks for the heads up! I won't buy new hub, then.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:11 PM

POST ID # = 1020454
nizmoz Reputation: 10

Anyone figure out this issue? I am having the same issue on both my RGB hubs. I replaced both, same issue. Replaced a few fans, same issue. Only thing I haven't replaced is my Commander pro.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:51 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1020464

This is usually due to a bad fan in the chain. As the fans operate in series, one bad fan can take the rest out. It's even possible that the fan lights up just fine ... but doesn't pass the signal down.
While there are cases where it's the fan hub, these are quite rare. This is why we recommend folks rearrange fans on the hub ... and be methodical about it.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks