Corsair Community

Cant update with new firmware 1.3.3.

Forkboys

I want to add here; I'm have the exact same issue with a SB850 chipset on the Asus Crosshair IV Extreme. Brand new Win7 install on a separate drive, the ports are all set in AHCI mode (confirmed in the registry) I would appreciate any advice as well.

I have, just to make sure I've double checked the controller drivers and flashed the bios to the newest version. As I said this is a clean install on a separate HDD so everything on here is straight out of the box. The only thing I can see is I'm using the AMD drivers on the sata controller, i'm not sure if the MS default drivers will even work but i guess i can try it.

Hi, I've been experiencing some troubles aswell.

None of the updates works.

At the end of the update, the cross symbol appears and I get a bluescreen.

I've tried updating the SSD in another PC. Didn't work either.

My PC is up-to-date and I can't understand why this ain't working.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/2887/img20111026181409.jpg

Yes, my MOBO auto-detects SSD. I found out that my SSD has troubles with the Marvell controller, so I changed it to the Intel one. Now it just freezes during the FW update.

Update: So I tested the 1.3 update again, this time only a minor freeze during the update and it was successful. I restarted the comp, and checked if the update was applied. It wasen't.

Forkboys, I feel your pain. The only way I could get the firmware updated on my two GT 60's (Crosshair V motherboard) was to switch to the Microsoft Driver. I tried three different versions of the AMD AHCI driver and all yielded the same error code as you are seeing. It may sound crazy but do try the Microsoft Driver. It really works.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ddhuee.jpg

Go into Device Manager, expand the IDE/ATAPI Controllers, right click on the AMD SATA Controller, select Update Driver Software. Then click: Browse my computer.. and then click: Let me pick from a list. You should then see a box similar to the one above. Standard AHCI1.0 is the default Microsoft Driver that is used by Windows 7 as default and at install time.

After reboot, you should be able to flash without a problem. After flashing, you can go back to the AMD driver.

• 3 weeks later...
Go into Device Manager, expand the IDE/ATAPI Controllers, right click on the AMD SATA Controller, select Update Driver Software. Then click: Browse my computer.. and then click: Let me pick from a list. You should then see a box similar to the one above. Standard AHCI1.0 is the default Microsoft Driver that is used by Windows 7 as default and at install time.

After reboot, you should be able to flash without a problem. After flashing, you can go back to the AMD driver.

This is the most helpful anyone has ever been.

Archived