Corsair Community

How to set default color again in Vengeance RGB Pro?

fhk05

Hello,

Please, how could I set the default color back again in Vengeance RGB Pro ddr4 ?

Originally there was a static rainbow as in here:

https://www.corsair.com/es/es/Categor%C3%ADas/Productos/Memoria/Vengeance-PRO-RGB-Black/p/CMW8GX4M1D3000C16

But when I first launched Fusion RGB 2.0 it changed and I can't set it back to the default configuration. I tried iCUE as well but it only allow you to set your personal multicolor setting, not restarting.

Does anyone know how to do it or which is the color pattern (#XXXX) so I can put it in the Multicolor option.

Thank you!

• Like 1

There is no default RGB option on the RAM. It should have been dark. Most likely Fusion was doing something to create that, but I don't have a GA board and can't add to that. However, if you are running Fusion and iCUE at the same time, there is going to be a fight over control. The linked picture is probably a still shot of the RAM in either Rainbow Wave or Spiral Rainbow form. You could also create this by doing a simple Red-Yellow-Green-Cyan-Blue-Magenta down the multi-color option for a static version.

• 3 weeks later...
There is no default RGB option on the RAM. It should have been dark. Most likely Fusion was doing something to create that, but I don't have a GA board and can't add to that. However, if you are running Fusion and iCUE at the same time, there is going to be a fight over control. The linked picture is probably a still shot of the RAM in either Rainbow Wave or Spiral Rainbow form. You could also create this by doing a simple Red-Yellow-Green-Cyan-Blue-Magenta down the multi-color option for a static version.

Thank you for responding. I can assure you the ram was set by default in that static multicolor rainbow exactly as is pictured in the case. Almost by accident I installed the RGB Fusion 2.0 when I was installing all the drivers, and the first time I launched that app the color changed, I suppose it was when I tried the light options. I found odd there were no option to set it again to its default state. I mean default because I just bought it, installing on the motherboard and build up the entire pc with all the components for the first time.

Finding a solution I read about the iCUE application and tried with that. In this app there is the option of setting yourself the multicolor, as you said, but I dont get the exact combination as in its original state because some of the colors are not the ones in the samples of the app.

It's just a stupid detail but it bothers me that I changed it almost by accident and I cannot set it again to the way it was originally.

Finding a solution I read about the iCUE application and tried with that. In this app there is the option of setting yourself the multicolor, as you said, but I dont get the exact combination as in its original state because some of the colors are not the ones in the samples of the app.

There are no hidden effects. So if what you saw was not Rainbow Wave or Spiral Rainbow, I am not really sure what else it could be. Since you did not have iCUE installed, it is possible Fusion used its own effect on the RAM.

If the the effect was static (not moving), you can create that using the multi-color. Those 6 colors (plus white) are the standard combination for 0 and 255 RGB values and represent the 3 primary and 3 intermediate colors on the wheel. The colors will blend themselves naturally when used with an adjacent color from the wheel.

Edited by c-attack

There are no hidden effects. So if what you saw was not Rainbow Wave or Spiral Rainbow, I am not really sure what else it could be. Since you did not have iCUE installed, it is possible Fusion used its own effect on the RAM.

If the the effect was static (not moving), you can create that using the multi-color. Those 6 colors (plus white) are the standard combination for 0 and 255 RGB values and represent the 3 primary and 3 intermediate colors on the wheel. The colors will blend themselves naturally when used with an adjacent color from the wheel.

It's wasn't the rainbow/spiral/wave because I had tried those before and the colors change. You just can set the speed.

Finally I could got the original multicolor again (exactly as it is in the ram's box), in the same way I involuntary changed, by accident. I tried uninstalling both apps and restarting but it kept the last color configuration set. Then I installed just the iCUE and try to put the multicolor myself. The result wasn't the same and I was going to just let it go, but... I don't know why when I turned on the pc today there it was, the original static multicolor. !

This is how it looks:

https://i.imgur.com/yHiC6JS.png

https://elchapuzasinformatico.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Corsair-Vengeance-RGB-Pro-DDR4-07.jpg

Thank you!

Edited by fhk05
  • Like 1