Corsair Community

Buzzing coming from HX620W.

BxUd

Hi, I bought a Corsair HX620W power supply a few months ago that has begun making a loud buzzing sound (not deafening, just very audible). I can hear the buzzing from 4 or 5 feet away over the fans in my system. Aside from that, I really like the power supply. Before it started making the buzzing sound it was the quietest component in my system; which is partly why I chose this particular supply. I wanted to make sure the sound wasn't coming from elsewhere, so I turned off all my fans and held my ear at all places in the system and the noise is definitely coming from the PSU. I'm not an expert, but concerned for the life of my components, I've pulled the supply from the system and replaced it with my old supply. Now with this other supply in the system the buzzing is gone.

I'd like to RMA the unit. I'm posting here as per the RMA instructions on the site.

Thanks in advance, and have a good rest of the day.

Sincerely,

BxUd

• Corsair Employee
Hi, I bought a Corsair HX620W power supply a few months ago that has begun making a loud buzzing sound (not deafening, just very audible). I can hear the buzzing from 4 or 5 feet away over the fans in my system. Aside from that, I really like the power supply. Before it started making the buzzing sound it was the quietest component in my system; which is partly why I chose this particular supply. I wanted to make sure the sound wasn't coming from elsewhere, so I turned off all my fans and held my ear at all places in the system and the noise is definitely coming from the PSU. I'm not an expert, but concerned for the life of my components, I've pulled the supply from the system and replaced it with my old supply. Now with this other supply in the system the buzzing is gone.

I'd like to RMA the unit. I'm posting here as per the RMA instructions on the site.

Thanks in advance, and have a good rest of the day.

Sincerely,

BxUd

An RMA would be no problem, but can you tell if the noise still happens when you stop the fan from moving? It's possible the fan's sticker came off or loose somehow.

If you'd like to set up an RMA just let us know and we can process it.

An RMA would be no problem, but can you tell if the noise still happens when you stop the fan from moving? It's possible the fan's sticker came off or loose somehow.

What's the best way to stop the fan without damaging anything or voiding the warranty? Do I need to stop it before the supply gets turned on, or while it's in operation? I can see the sticker and it seems to be firmly in place.

I ask because I certainly don't want to do anything to the unit that would void its warranty. :):

Archived