Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro - iCUE Red Triangle - Asus B450 Motherboard (CMW16GX4M2C3000C15)

simonq5

I'm getting a 'red triangle' error on the VENGEANCE RGB PRO ram in iCUE software (see image attached)

Intermittently I can get it working by forcing firmware update, restarting the computer, restarting the service etc, but the it never lasts for long, usually the next reset, or after the computer sleeps and wakes up the red triangle is back.

When the red triangle warning is up, typically the ram is doing the rainbow colour cycle.

I tried uninstalling other RGB software (Asus Aura) and checking that there's no services running that would interfere. I've also uninstalled iCUE and reinstalled and tried a previous version of iCUE software, but no matter what I try, this red triangle keeps coming back.

I have currently the latest version of iCUE and the latest BIOS update on my ASUS B450-F motherboard.

My goal is to get the ram lighting ideally working with Asus Aura, as I bought the ram because I have an Asus motherboard and the ram says it's Asus Aura compatible. If I can get this working I'll be very happy.

Capture.thumb.PNG.d3c7547f039b218ec17fb57f133a4e11.PNG

Edited by simonq5

Im having the same issue with my vengeance ram as well, now the fw doesn't even work most times it moves it but then it sticks again. Im using a Aorus Master MB so I know its not compatible. I would also be happy with it just running off ICUE again.

Same here! Ideally it would work with Asus Aura (as it says it's compatible on the box and that's why I bought it!) but if I could just get it matching the rest of my computers colour scheme without it reverting to the cycling rainbow each time I reset the PC that would be great!

I've searched everywhere and tried everything and I can't find a solution anywhere. The only thing I've not tried is reverting the BIOS to an earlier version but I don't want to make it so my motherboard won't support my Ryzen 3600. I read that Asus B450-F with early BIOS versions won't boot at all with latest Ryzen CPUs.

Okay so I followed the instructions provided by Corsair support below and I also uninstalled Asus Aura and ran the Aura Cleaner app (which I found on a link on a website which is actually in Google Drive, not Asus website) and ran that cleaner app also. Then I reinstall the Aura app also with the latest version and now everything works. I'm able to see the Corsair ram in the Asus Aura sync for the first time and no more red triangle in iCue.

Follow the instructions below for a clean install of iCUE and then follow the instructions in the link after that to install the Asus Aura plugin that allows you to control the memory through that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We recommend performing a clean install of iCUE. Please follow the steps below:

Open your computer's Control Panel.

Open the Programs and Features options.

Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

Type %appdata% and press Enter.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder.

Restart your computer.

Download a new installer file for iCUE from Corsair.com and reinstall.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asus Aura Plugin https://www.corsair.com/us/en/blog/Enabling-Aura-Sync-Control-for-Your-CORSAIR-RGB-Memory

well... still you can't customize the ram's with Asus Aura, with what you can do in Corsair iCUE when it worked.... i have already done all this you wrote above. No more corsair products for me in the future, thats for sure. It's not really cheap stuff i have bought.....

I'm out!.

• 4 months later...