Corsair Community

Difficulty fitting SATA components properly in 600T

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum but have been coming here as a resource for the past week or so, trying to learn some more about the awesome 600T White case that I bought. So, anyways, the issue I'm having is this. I'm trying to build up my computer, and granted it's been a while, but everything seems to be fitting terribly. For example, the SATA cables that came with my MB don't really make that satisfying click to let you know that they have locked in place and with my girlfriend trying to help me, they went to remove what looked to be an ill fitting SATA cable, only to struggle with it for nearly a minute before being able to remove it. When I asked, she said she heard a "creaking noise".

So now I'm worried that I have at least one ruined SATA port on my MB and that I'm not going to be able to do this and have it look good and my questions are:

How likely is it that SATA connector to the MB was damaged with the jostling during removal?

How much stress can a SATA cable withstand (i.e. extreme angles, bending, looping)?

Does anybody else have any particular cables that they prefer to use to make this whole process easier? I ask because no matter how I try and arrange them, the SATA connectors on my MB, being so close to the rubber grommets, leave cables bent at near 90 degree angles and I figure that probably isn't good.

My build is rather simple and I have just one optical drive and one HDD, though I'll be adding a new HDD soon. I want to get my computer up and running, but now I'm worried that I may be doing something wrong. Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Hi Bold,

I used the default cords that came with my ASUS board. They were kind of fun to connect and get the click but I wouldn't say it was "hard". It feels like it has a bit of extra pressure on it.

Archived