Corsair Community

Firmware Update CP v.0.9

PJH

Hey, hey!

Received a notice that there was a firmware update for the Commander Pro this morning, v.0.9.212.

The download was successful, but it is stuck at Updating... 0% If I click the Updating... 0% box, a box above it appears:

Commander Pro Firmware v.0.9.212

Do not unplug device or restart software while the firmware is updating.

Corruption may occur if this process is interrupted.

My current Commander Pro version is v.0.8.210. How long does this take?

Although the Commander Pro appears under the Settings tab, it is not there under Devices.

Edited by PJH

I don't know. You can't leave it like that forever. I suspect you have no control over anything on it right now. I am not sure whether a standard restart of the machine or the paper clip is the better way to get out of this. I would think standard restart, but DO NOT know for sure.

*Don't paper clip unless you have to. You will need to redo all your fan lighting after.

Edited by c-attack

I update both of my Commander Pro's this morning without issue. I assume this update is mainly for the Hydro X products so unless you use the custom water cooling products, it doesn't matter if you stay at a lower firmware revision for now.

Hey, hey!

Looks like I will have to try a reboot and see what comes of it. iCUE has Quit disabled on the taskbar icon. Just hope it's not bricked. I'll update the thread with more info.

EDIT: Shut down Windows 10 and rebooted. iCUE started up, but Lighting Node Pro, Commander Pro, H150i and Vengeance RGB Pro no longer detected.

Um. Alright, so while typing this line, the products not detected are now detected. :shrug:

Commander Pro remains on v.0.8.210.

Not going to rock the boat :)

I'll leave it as it is and disregard the Commander Pro update for now.

Edited by PJH

Hey, hey!

So an update since the last post. Everything was cherry, until just a few moments ago. I'm unable to open iCUE, it has defaulted to a hardware profile, and next to the Corsair.Service (32bit), under STATUS, it says Suspended.

There is a new FW update 0.10 for the LNP too.

I can apply the update, is appears successful but after updating the LNP remains at 0.9

Rebooting didn't help.

Tried many times, still appears at FW0.9 after "updating"

Launching iCUE as admin didn't help either.

Any idea why?

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

Hey, hey!

Manually shutting down the services and killing the process, and restarting iCUE resolved the problem. I'm concerned if it has anything to do with updating to v.3.18.77, or it is somehow related to the Commander Pro stuck at 0% during an update, and rebooting during this time - as it clearly warns not to do so until the update is finished.

So far, so good since it happened though.

DevBiker - you mentioned attempting a Repair. Are there instructions on how to do this, because I'd like to try it out and see if these odd hiccups are resolved.

Edited by PJH

• 7 months later...