Corsair Community

Better option than Glaive?

Countess Isolde

Hi all.

I've been in the market for a mouse and I bought a Glaive thinking it would suit me, but I'm finding that it's just too big for my hands and is giving me nasty cramps on my little finger.

I quite liked the Harpoon that I use for work, as I am aware that it is a smaller mouse.

Is there a better option for me in Corsair's lineup? I use a semi-palm grip, but I have small hands, so I am most comfortable palm gripping something the size of the Harpoon (but at the same time I would like the more features in a more premium mouse, hence my initial gravitation to the Glaive).

I mostly play at a high sensitivity and prefer small movements to large ones.

The Nightsword might be comfortable. It is middle sized, with a natural set-up for palm grip, but also works with a semi-claw or finger tip.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Gaming-Mice/FPS-Fast-Action-Mice/NIGHTSWORD-RGB-Tunable-FPS-MOBA-Gaming-Mouse/p/CH-9306011-NA

The other one to look at might be the M65 in either Pro or Elite form. This is the classic finger tip grip mouse, but with smaller hands could certainly be a palm grip. I've been using that one for years and I think it has remade my grip style.

Both of those are likely to me more comfortable than the Glaive. It is too long for me, even with large hands.

Yes, unfortunately the side thumb rest is not removable on the Nightsword. However, while I disliked it on the Glaive, I find it comfortable on the Nightsword. Not sure where you are located. In the US, most Best Buy stores have on a rack where literally can get your hand on one.

I am in Germany; unfortunately the stores near me seem to have every Corsair mouse available to hold except for the ones I am looking for. (Specifically Harpoon, Dark Core, and Ironclaw).

I might pop by another of the stores nearby on the way home today and see if they have a Darksword or M65 in the try me section.

In any case, thank you for the advice. I will likely go for the M65 unless I run into a Darksword that really changes my mind.