Corsair Community

RGBurnout?

hrjw89

Hi all. First time poster, long time user.

I'm left wondering if my keyboard is suffering from burnout. My current keyboard theme is a static white bottom layer with a bright green Type Lighting middle layer, and a Void Visualizer top layer.

When I'm typing, or the visualizer is bouncing away, everything is normal. As soon as the green effect is terminated, and the white layer revealed, the 'H' key on my keyboard is an off-color reddish hue instead of the white shown by the rest of the keyboard (it should be white, according to iCUE).

Am I crazy? Should I RMA? I mean, other than the wonky LED, the keyboard is otherwise 100% usable.

Thanks.

1030201955.thumb.jpg.f717d1d92364d3860dee310a99303feb.jpg

It sounds like the "H" is either weak on blue or green (or both). Do instant lighting green and blue to see which one won't show on the H.

It's possible the LEDs are just glitched rather than a physical failure. Don't see a lot of burn out, but possible. You can try force loading the current firmware and see if it will reset it. I would start a support ticket with Corsair right now. They may have some other tricks, but you can likely save some time by reporting whether the firmware flash was unsucessful.

Just ran the full spectrum of instants, for thoroughness. All coming up as intended in brightness/contrast/hue etc. Re-flashed [edit: firmware version] 3.21.28 on the keyboard, no change. Currently running software version 3.34.161. Found an update to 3.34.170, download in progress. Also working on getting a ticket off to Corsair.

That's odd to still have full blue or green if the white has a strong red tint. It's possible it's only "half strength" making it very hard to discern between pure blue or pure green, but enough to show itself in the white balance.

Not sure what else you can do for that right now, aside from avoiding white.

I think I've solved my issue. *THINK* ... I popped off the offending key, gave it a good wipe-down, blasted the inner workings of the keyboard with a can of air duster, tapped the switch a few times, put the key back on, and it looks like things have returned to normal.

Now that I think about it, it's almost not so much red, but more brownish (I have an MX Brown edition keyboard). Maybe the key's been worn down to the point where I'm starting to see the switch beneath?