Corsair Community

What to do, what to do

JavaAddict

about the pump noise issue...again.

So got my Corsair One 165i from Microcenter yesterday. I have the pump noise from the right side. Odd as it seems both sides use the same pump?

Everything is fine expect the noise. I sit the computer on my desk next to monitor. The noise is too loud to enjoy using the computer to type emails, gaming, basically anything as it constant clicking is so annoying.

So any thoughts on:

If I exchange it seems I will have same issue on any unit?

Does it really ever go away?

Is there anything I can do to fix it myself? Tilting back and forth doesn't seem to help.

I am so torn because I love the form factor but for ;;;;$3700 (with tax) its too expensive to be making this noise.

Any help is much appreciated.

What is your return window at Microcenter? I had some clicking noise (sounded like a HDD) for a few days, but it eventually mostly went away. I can only hear it now if I put my ear right next to the case. If you can, give it a week or so before returning it.

Microcenter has a two week return window. So can give it a week and a bit. See if it improves. Just wondering if there are some who received units that were perfectly silent, and the pump noise is random, or if everyone seems to have it..

I don't think there exists any PC that is "perfectly silent." So long as there are fans and pumps, there will always be some fan and pump noise.

I've built PCs using all-in-one water pumps (both Corsair and Asus) and there's always some noise, but it often deceases after a bit of break in. That's what I experienced with my 160.

I get that. My current rig has six fans and water pump for two vid cards and processor. It's quieter than the Corsair One. The Corsair one pump/vid fan? noise is so loud you can't hear the game without headset.

I had the old mac pro trash can, so was expecting the same type of noise. Fans spinning, air noise, etc.

I hope it settles down, as I like the system. But not hopeful atm.

Not trying to be a dck, but I'm not sure if it's the same noise level as my C1 Original which is pretty quite. I'm really curious if people are being super picky and just need to get outside more or if there is really that big of a difference between the old and new models.

No, I contacted Corsair support and sent them a video. They agreed the pump/or whatever is causing the sound should not be happening. The tech also said the pumps on both side are the same so they should sound alike. One is quiet the other like a loud hard drive grinding away. If this was a $1200 machine, it might be fine. I'd fine a way to fix the pump. But for $3700 it should be perfect. That is why you pay premium for builder.