Corsair Community

New system questions

Shiggyllo

I finally got the Corsair One i165. while updating and getting my accounts dialed in I somehow lost the corsair logo (black background with the white sails)that was on the lock screen ,the one where you type in a password or a pin to log in. now it just has a person outline.

I think I know where to change it but I can not find the image to change it back.

couple other questions

Do I need to update my bios?

How do I make a recovery disc? or find my windows key if I want to do a fresh install?

Do I need to register my system with Corsair?

other then the noob questions, this thing is really nice!

• Corsair Employee

1. You can change the logo in User Account setting, a quick google search should show you plenty of how-to guide.

2. You don't need to update the BIOS at the moment.

3. You can make a recovery USB / CD via the recovery option in windows.

4. Your Windows key is embedded in the motherboard BIOS, the i165 have the Pro version of Windows 10, so as long as you are installing the same version, you will be fine.

5. No you don't need to register anything. You just need to keep the electronic invoice of the product.

thanks, I think the last time I had to do a fresh install was when I had a win7 machine. I really have not kept up with the features of the newer OS's heck I still have some windows 3.1 install disc's!

But really this i165 is a beast! and quiet...a quietbeast!