Corsair Community

iCUE Software problems with RGB strips

Z.S

Up until the update that fixed the LL Series fans not working on boot or after waking from sleep, my RGB strip were working perfectly and until I decided to change the lighting effect yesterday (after replacing the broken RGB LED PSU logo that came with my Crystal 570x Mirrored Black Special Edition) I noticed that the LED strips wouldn't turn on. I didn't have much time left yesterday so I didn't work on my PC but then today after forgetting this whole thing I noticed that before logging in to my PC the LED strips were working fine and before the iCUE software had loaded they were fine AGAIN and then after going in to software I changed the colours of my setup using "instant lighting" tab and EVERYTHING including my LED strips lit up but when I disabled instant lighting they turned off again. So I assume this is a software bug

these are ALL the RGB Corsair branded iCUE compatible products I own and in the ORDER they should appear in from left to right

1) K70 RGB Rapidfire

2) MM800 RGB Polaris

3) M65 Pro RGB FPS

4) Void Wireless (don't really use the lighting on it and only got it because it was on clearance and intend to replace it with the Corsair HS70 as I have had the Void Wireless for OVER 2 years and the mic recently snapped off (wire inside is OK) and I have it taped to the headset)

5) LL120 RGB (x6)

6) RGB Strips x4

7) Crystal 570x RGB case front logo and PSU shroud logo

the LL120 RGB fans LED's are controlled using the Corsair Commander Pro and the LED strips and case lighting are connected to a Lighting Node Pro

I noticed just now that in wave patterns technically in software the colours are going through what the software would consider RGB strips as it takes over 10 seconds for the colour that left the MM800 RGB Polaris to reach the case lighting which appears after (I thought it was LL fans before the RGB strips/case lighting but the lighting node pro that the case lighting and RGB strips are connected to appears first before the commander Pro which the fans are connected to)

Edit after noticing your reply NO the LNP did not come with my case it came with a LL series fan multi pack (3 of them came together and rest of the 3 were separately purchased) and the RGB strips were bought separately too

Edit after noticing your reply NO the LNP did not come with my case it came with a LL series fan multi pack (3 of them came together and rest of the 3 were separately purchased) and the RGB strips were bought separately too

How did you connect the logo etc. then so it shoes up in iCUE?

And what happends if you go to the stripes lighting effects panel, mark all the LEDs of the stripes and set this to a static color?

sorry for the late reply (was out for the day) the RGB logo on the case does NOT have its own official section in iCUE and will only show when you set it as being a SP RGB fan (the 3 default RGB fans that came with the case were SP120 RGB fans and the RGB logo requires you to plug it in to a Corsair fan LED hub and by default it is plugged in to the same hub as the one for the 3 SP120 RGB fans) and like I said EVERYTHING is working fine besides when I try to control the LED's on the LED strips (which only light up when software is off or when you use the instant lighting tab to force set a colour)

Hm okay...

Try to do the "basic stuff" such as forcing a firmware update to the LNP and reinstalling iCUE. You could also test whether the lighting would work with Link (iCUE can't run simultaneously while doing that). Also try to disconnect the fan hub and switch the connectors at the LNP.

I really don't think that it's a hardware issue as the stripes are lighting up during the start.

Archived