Corsair Community

2 R60's in raid advice & help needed please

Hi All,

My first attempt to set up 2 R60 in Raid has given me mixed results. Could you guys take a look at my results and advise what is not correct? Or what i can do to improve performance

Stripe is 128k cluster is 4k even though I created a 100mb part ion 4k made it active and the rest 32k using partition magic WIN7 pro 64 bit would not allow an install.

Is there a utility to resize clusters to 32k after the win7 install?

First graph is using the gigabyte sata2 ports (Micron JMB362 controller)

Second graph is using the INTEL ICH10R

Basic system is M/B Gigabye X58a UD5 920 cpu 6g ram

So if anyone could help a complete newbie to the SSD arena, I would be very grateful:D:

2069770727_TEST1.JPG.73b986d014f2a96aee79ebbaf609e0e9.JPG

506246448_TEST2.JPG.70f57d80bcb1345a1b991eab1982f8c7.JPG

No I would use 4K cluster size.

And it would be best to image the drive to another drive and create the array as one whole drive.

Hi,

My Post was a liitle unclear. I currently am using 4 k clusters. is the Jmicron controller inferior to the intel one? hence the poor results?

The drives are configured in Raid 0

Jmicron JMB 362 controller

attachment.php?attachmentid=6970&d=1275686982

INTEL controller

attachment.php?attachmentid=6971&d=1275686997

The Intel controller will be faster so yes to your question.

Hi RAM GUY,

To further understand why I have purchased a £200+ mother board with performance issues,:(:

May I ask why the intel controlles performs better than the on board Marvel 9128 or JMB 362 controller?

Is it due to their placement on the Buss or are they just lower spec controllers?

Intersting to note an email to Gigabyte support has gone unreplied for 5 days!

Prior to this puchase I sent test emails to Asus and Gigabyte. Ausus reply Time 24hrs Gigabyte reply time 9 Days!

I think this will be my last Gigabyte purchase......

• Corsair Employee

I do not think it has anything to do with Gigabyte per say, but that is your choice.

And I would suggest asking that question of the respective controller manufacturers about performance.

I do not think it has anything to do with Gigabyte per say, but that is your choice.

And I would suggest asking that question of the respective controller manufacturers about performance.

Ok, Thank you very much for the advice.

I guess I should be happy with the great results I have using Intel.

Now if only Corsair made motherboards...............

Archived