Corsair Community

HS50 Mic Not Working

NEED__HELP

Yesterday I bought this hs50 headset and the mic isn't working. Most of the time it doesn't pick up audio. If it does, there is a loud whine and my voice is super quiet and muffled. I already marked the mic as default and have the volume for the mic in the sound settings but it still won't. I also enabled my mic in the windows settings. I don't even know what to do anymore.

• Corsair Employee
Yesterday I bought this hs50 headset and the mic isn't working. Most of the time it doesn't pick up audio. If it does, there is a loud whine and my voice is super quiet and muffled. I already marked the mic as default and have the volume for the mic in the sound settings but it still won't. I also enabled my mic in the windows settings. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Try this:http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=177498

• 11 months later...
This is really frustrating... I bought my Hs50 new in box at Walmart and when I plug the headset in with the mic attatched at the left earcup and click the setting "Headset (with microphpone) at the popup dialog box, I do believe that the headset is only getting audio signal from the computer and not sending audio signal from the microphone as well.. because when I detatch the microphone that came with the headset and plug it into the computer alone and set the setting to mic in, the micorophone that I received with the HS50 does work.. I followed all of these steps, and in their similar manner all to find out that no matter what, when I plug that headset in with that mic in with it, the mic does not work.. I don't think even the computer even recognizes the difference between having the microphone plugged into the headset and not, when I plug in the headset.... there is no response in anything, in the program manager, settings manager I mean, in audacity, sound recorder. anything.. and in device manager, Microphpone (Realtek audio) sits there enabled and functioning, even when microphone isnt attatched to the headset.. like as if it understands its there, when it isnt.. I believe its poor coorelation to try to combine both audio signal and microphone signal in a 3.5mm jack, which we have been using all these years as a technology of wire that cannot both send and receive mic and audio signal all this test of the years... What is wrong.. Is it just my skepticism that, ALL HS50's that attempt to be used with their microphone dont work at all, because of a bogus claim that they can send audio signal and receive mic signal all through the same 3.5mm jack? I have thrown away my box and dont have the stupid C number or serial number to write a claim to corsair.. such B.S. Now I just want to find a way to downvote Corsair, just becuase in order to receive their assistance, they want proof of purchase. They should mark their numbers on the unit itself, because excited people don't keep boxes to stuff anyway.

• 3 weeks later...