Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2019, 08:05 PM
scopio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989752
scopio Reputation: 10
Question Advise request for RGB setup

What I am about to ask may have been asked before 100’s of times but I would appreciate advice on my intending build for reassurance.
My case is Corsair Obsidian 750D AirFlow Full Tower ATX, PSU is Corsair HX850i 850W Full Modular, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Black 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 and AIO Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB. Corsair STRAFE mechanical keyboard and mouse.
What I intend to add are 6x ML140 PRO RGB LED 140MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans and SKU CL-8930001 CORSAIR Link RGB LED Lighting Kit.
My questions are;
1. Do I only need Corsair Commander PRO Digital Fan and RGB Lighting Controller and Six (6) port RGB LED hub for CORSAIR RGB fans to control the fans and lighting strips and fit the 4x Thermal sensors?
2. Do I also need the Lighting Node PRO?
3. Should the AIO Corsair Hydro H150i PRO fans be connected to the CPU fan header or the CoPro? My motherboard is an Asus ROG STRIX AMD Ryzen X470-F GAMING AM4 ATX and I would not connect the AIO header as I am advised the AIO and W_PUMP headers on this motherboard run at 100% speed, indeed the manual verifies the speed as 100%!
4. So, should my shopping list be as listed below if not I would appreciate any other products I should add or remove?
1x Twin Fan Pack with Lighting Node PRO ML140 PRO RGB LED 140MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan
4x ML140 PRO RGB LED 140MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan
1x Corsair Commander PRO Digital Fan and RGB Lighting Controller
1x Corsair RGB Lighting Node Pro Lighting Controller or would 2x CORSAIR Link RGB LED Lighting?
Where is the PSU USB cable connected to?
Once the shopping list advice is resolved I will post back on how to connect it all.
Thanks

Tags
copro, node pro