Corsair Community

H115i Pro + iCue/Sensor

The0nlyL

Hey Guys/Girls.

So i have a Problem regarding the icue software with my corsair h115i pro.

The Sensor on which i base the fanspeed of the cooler of off switches everytime the program is started. i have set it to the processors package temp, but it resets everytime to the coolant temp of the cooler. does anyone have the same issue and maybe a fix to it?

Thanks in advance

this doessnt help my problem. i know how water cooling works, but keeping the coolant cool, also keeps the cpu cool.

If you set it to the pump temperature, it won't reset. The resetting is a bug in iCue. But ... regardless, it should be set on the pump temperature. If you do that, it won't change the source temperature on the fan curve.

Setting the source temperature to the coolant temperature is both the proper thing to do and a perfectly valid and acceptable workaround for this particular issue.

Setting the source temperature to the coolant temperature is both the proper thing to do and a perfectly valid and acceptable workaround for this particular issue.

sure but my fan curve is set up specifically for working with the package temp.

thanks for the replies. so i have to set it to package temp everytime i restart the program. hopefully someday there comes a fix to that.

sure but my fan curve is set up specifically for working with the package temp.

thanks for the replies. so i have to set it to package temp everytime i restart the program. hopefully someday there comes a fix to that.

TBH, IMHO, even allowing someone to use package temp for these fans should be a bug. That's not how it should be done and it ignores the basic thermodynamics of the situation. The problem is that package temp was all that we had to go on for a long time so people have it drilled into their heads that it's the way to do it ... when it isn't.

Setting your fans on package temp will mean, inevitably, that they will spin up and down more than they should. This increases wear on the bearings and motor. It'll also mean that they'll slow down after heavy load sooner than they should. Motherboard manufacturers have gotten around some of this by introducing hysteresis into their fan curves but that's completely unnecessary when you use the coolant temp - the hysteresis is built-in due to the higher specific heat of the coolant liquid.

I am already using the sensor of the H115i pro. What profile do you recommend?

Personally, I use a custom profile but really, it's around whatever works for you. You should have a high/max point where all the fans get rolling but that would be ... oh .. 40-45C, depending on your environment. I used "Balanced" as a starting point and tweaked from there.

Personally, I use a custom profile but really, it's around whatever works for you. You should have a high/max point where all the fans get rolling but that would be ... oh .. 40-45C, depending on your environment. I used "Balanced" as a starting point and tweaked from there.

ok!. Thanks!!!

Archived