Corsair Community

CUE causing computer to lag

Imwoke

Whenever I have the CUE running in the background my computer lags, and even freezes at times. This happens most noticeably when playing games (OW mainly). I tried to uninstall and reinstall both OW and CUE, and the problem still persists. I tried to read online forums about how to fix this and it seems like no one is having problems with the newest update so im trying to figure that out. I have both the K70 RGB and The Glaive RGB.

Computer Specs:

Processor: Intel Core it-4670K

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForice GTX1070

Memory: Kingston 16GB (4x4GB)

Drivers: Samsung SSD 840 EVO; WDC WD10EZEX

Any piece of advice will help, im just trying to avoid returning the items because I really do enjoy them.

Ye when close the CUE its fine so I decided to uninstall it until someone can give me a good answer. It says that OW is taking it all up but its fine when CUE is off so idk. The issue started happening when I got the Glaive and K70 RGB

• Corsair Employee
Make sure that you're on the latest USB drivers (and updated BIOS). I don't know what the culprit may be but if CUE is running, it means its sending RGB data to your devices and is why I think there may be an issue with load on system + USB transmission.

All of my drivers and Bios is up to date but the problem still seems to persist. The program or something would freeze up because the RGB on my mouse and keyboard freeze and once that happens I know my computer is done for and it needs a forced restart.

Maybe other software is preventing CUE from communicating with the keyboards?

Have you tried closing all non necessary background applications? Does anything change?

Do you have any other gaming peripheral devices/software installed?

By "lag", do you mean the mouse jumps across the screen when you move it? Clicks not registered?

That happens on both my and my brothers' computers when our CPUs are on full load. As you say it mostly happens with Overwatch I assume that's what is happening here. Have you tried running the game on lower settings?

No like frames drop and then it eventually freezes. Im not even able to alt+tab. My mouse and everything stops moving as a whole.

That's... weird. I haven't seen any reports of that happening before. I've got a few questions that may help with troubleshooting - I've listed them below so it's more organised.

1. What OS are you running?

1b. 32-bit or 64-bit?

2. Do you have any antivirus software?

2b. If so, does it still happen with the AV turned off? (If it doesn't, adding an exception for

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\CUE.exe

may work.)

2c. If so, what antivirus software is it? If it turns out to be the AV causing it, this could help the Corsair devs fix the issue.

3. When it freezes, are you able to use Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to the security settings menu? If you press Num-Lock, does the light toggle or does it stay stuck on?

3b. If you're able to get to the security options, is it possible to click on Task Manager and see what the top 5 items are?

4. Do these issues happen when CUE isn't running?

5. Do these issues happen when CUE isn't installed?

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this and you can enjoy your products!

EDIT: I just realised how long it's been since your reply - not sure what the situation is like now, but if you still have the items it'd be great if we could get this sorted.

• 4 months later...

Hi there.. been looking for solution ever since. Similar to the person who posted this thread, my computer worked perfectly fine until i bought the glaive. I am also using the same keyboard k70 rgb. Ever since i got these two my computer just freeze. And i cant even crlt alt del or alt tab

Anyone found a solution for this problem is highly appreciated. Thanks

I also have the problem but inside of Battlefield 1. What happens is a slowing down and jerkyness or delay of movement. The framerates don't in fact drop. If you turn on FRAPS or in came FPS utility you'll see your video card is working just fine. For a while I had thought it was Chrome running in the background causing the issue but now have determined it's all been the CUE or Corsair hardware I am using; Strafe keyboard, Glave RGB(I purchased this because I was seeing if the R65 was causing the issue).

Since I went and did some changes in Power Settings for USB as recommended on the Oculus Rift forums, it has helped quiet a bit. I think it has to do with the USBs being put to sleep at random periods. Although my Glaive doesn't turn Yellow. I'd like to prevent that as well when my PC isn't used for a period of time.

Following this thread for info. I hope we find a solution soon.

As posted in another thread, but regarding overloading the GPU at times. It might help and I hope it does.

"Try disabling CUE SDK; maybe some third-party program is trying to visualize your screen using CUE? Or are you using the VOID playback visualizer in basic CUE?"

• 1 month later...

I am having the exact same issues - running OW at 60fps with no dropped frames. Purchased a K70 LUX and it is now starting to drop frames when it gets hectic. Tried uninstalling CUE, changing the polling rate, different USBs, mouse plugged in pass-thru or directly - whichever way I try it with the K70 plugged in I'm losing frames when I shouldn't be.

The fact that the issue remains regardless of CUE being installed makes me think it might be a USB issue?

Did the issue ever get identified/resolved? Gutted as the keyboard is great.

• 5 months later...

I've ended up here as having the exact same issue.

Cue is bouncing around in performance monitor at 62-ish threads and I've actually timed it as an event that happens exactly every 10 minutes. That's how i spotted it was CUE.exe

The computer hesitates and mouse speed slows down as if my sensitivity has been adjusted down for about 2 or 3 seconds then recovers and fine for another 10 mins.

After I updated cue recently the problem seemed to clear for a day but has come back again.

The period where it seemed to have gotten better CUE.exe was only showing using 40 threads in performance monitor if that helps anyone diagnose it.

Using a k95 RGB platinum Mx speed.

• 5 months later...
I've ended up here as having the exact same issue.

Cue is bouncing around in performance monitor at 62-ish threads and I've actually timed it as an event that happens exactly every 10 minutes. That's how i spotted it was CUE.exe

The computer hesitates and mouse speed slows down as if my sensitivity has been adjusted down for about 2 or 3 seconds then recovers and fine for another 10 mins.

After I updated cue recently the problem seemed to clear for a day but has come back again.

The period where it seemed to have gotten better CUE.exe was only showing using 40 threads in performance monitor if that helps anyone diagnose it.

Using a k95 RGB platinum Mx speed.

i have being searching for a solution for almost 2 years, there is only one thead with a solution and no one has access to see the solution if it even works, in my case it even even makes the mmo i play an playable, frame drops, the scimitar pressing random keys, losing it's profile, ironically the linux opensource versions of the cue that have nothing to do with corsair don't have this issue, do note that this goes from ciu 1 to icue, so yeah, no idea what they are doing

Archived