Corsair Community

Help with CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 in SR-2

ajgnet

I'm building a gaming machine and installed (2) CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 kits bringing me to 24GB (6 x 4GB). I know it's not recommended to install (2) kits on one board, but I received the second kit as a gift and am trying to integrate it into my setup. The result is weird.

I locked in the default timings of 9-10-9-27 @ 1.65v and am running these chips at 1066MHz.

The BIOS only picks up 20GB, as does windows, but CPU-Z shows the full 24GB.

Any idea what's going on, and how I can resolve this? I don't know that much about overclocking so please assume I am a total n00b. Thanks so much for your help!

I'm building a gaming machine and installed (2) CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 kits bringing me to 24GB (6 x 4GB). I know it's not recommended to install (2) kits on one board, but I received the second kit as a gift and am trying to integrate it into my setup. The result is weird.

I locked in the default timings of 9-10-9-27 @ 1.65v and am running these chips at 1066MHz.

The BIOS only picks up 20GB, as does windows, but CPU-Z shows the full 24GB.

Any idea what's going on, and how I can resolve this? I don't know that much about overclocking so please assume I am a total n00b. Thanks so much for your help!

I won't throw any links at you... Before you installed 2nd kit, did you see all 12gb of ram? It may be one module in new kit is bad. Hopefully you can still sort out which ram came from which kit, run memtest86+ 4.10 to test each kit. I would do each kit, and if one kit shows errors, do each stick by itself from that kit to drill down.

When I ran 6 sticks, it puts extra strain on CPU, so there is a chance your CPU, VTT voltages are just below what is needed.

Does BIOS see all 24gb?

Archived